Alright, time to put up or shut up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by beatbama, Sep 28, 2016.

1. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

You could say that with any type of offense. If your QB can't impact the game, either because of the opponent's D, or because of the scheme/coaching, or because he stinks, you aren't going to win against good teams. Even Les's run heavy offense was that way, as we have found out all too often at LSU.

2. beatbama

beatbama Freshman

Keep in mind:
    by firing our coach so early in the season, that gives us multiple advantages. Here are 3:

1. Like Alleva said: “The only advantage of changing coaches now is we ["I"] have a head start on the other schools that will be looking for coaches." Alleva said he would have an unspecified number of “advisers” when it comes to the search for Miles’ replacement, but he plans on "doing most of the work myself." (note: speaking of the other schools, right now, it's Baylor and LSU in the midst of a coaching search and we could be joined by USC, Auburn, Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, etc ...let's hope they all do well the rest of the season and keep their current coaches)

2. By changing coaches now, it gives the A-list coaches longer to think and mull over the opportunity to be head coach at LSU. I think the longer they get to think about the possibility of being the coach at LSU, they'll like the idea more and more

3. By changing coaches now, we get to give an intriguing coach a try-out in Ed Orgeron (who is only age 55...eight years younger than Miles, almost a decade younger).

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_9b75f0c6-842f-11e6-9d8c-7b5efb5cb1f2.html

lsu-i-like, tirk and LSUTiga like this.
  3. beatbama

beatbama Freshman

Also note we don't have to worry about Alleva hiring any Kirby Smart or Will Muschamp types

From that article linked to above:
    As has been the case in the past, Alleva remained adamant that LSU’s next coach be a sitting head coach or someone who has been a head coach during their career.
    “I can’t have someone at LSU without head coaching experience,” he said. “This job is too big. No matter how good you think someone is, you don’t know how good they are.”

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sounds like something Yogi Berra would have said

5. beatbama

beatbama Freshman

Don't worry guys, we are in the extremely capable hands of Joe Alleva! He's done such a wonderful job with our basketball team! And Alleva promised he going to try to find us a football coach that is a good fit: “I’m going to try to find the best fit for LSU,” he said!!

All joking aside...
    Worst-case scenario, we strike out on all the A-list coaches. Plenty of great football schools in our shoes have done this.

But even if we don't get any of the A-list coaches there are at least 4 very intriguing coaches that would be solid backup plans. Will post more about them after i read up on them some more

lsu-i-like and tirk like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Oh I can't wait

If Larry Fedora isn't one you need to start over.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Beyond Herman and Fisher and possibly Dabo, there are no "intriguing coaches." Forget about Urban/Nick/Gruden/Jimmy Johnson et al. If they don't get their man it's a huge bust. Might as well Geaux with Oeaux.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. beatbama

beatbama Freshman

He is actually! And tbh i had a list of 3 and Fedora was the late addition as the 4th and he is intriguing.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I've said it before, Wittingham wouldn't be a bad choice if Herman doesn't work out. I say no to Dabo and Fisher.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

:confused::confused::confused::confused:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Who threw his name out there?