Alright, time to put up or shut up

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by beatbama, Sep 28, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Strong will turn it around if they give him another year or 2. They are already better than many here thought they would be.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Miles brought in the #2 class in 2014 and the # 6 class in 2013. The team is heavy with upperclassmen and all they can do is lose to Wisconsin and Auburn. What do you think he would do with 2016 and 2017 classes? It doesn't give us hope. All you have is hope. His system has gotten old and the team needs a shakeup

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  3. P&G Fan

P&G Fan GEAUX TIGERS!!

It's the ass kickings LSU has received the last few years from Bama, Arky, Miss, not including a 1-2 record against Auburn. And with the start of mediocre football this year, the Admin could see the writing on the wall with the same results, and more than likely an ass kicking from aTm. The only disservice LSU has done is not letting Miles walk into the sunset on a high note with the win against aTm and the bowl game last year. All coaches eventually lose their flame.

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I hope that Yaw Yaw Coach O will be the coach next year. Here is why: that means that LSU won all of it's remaining games. And that is what I truly want! Win now. We have the talent, we just need the will to win. I want yaw yaw to spark the team and have them win it this year. I want him to have learned from all of the mistakes he made at Ole Miss and all of the crap he saw at USC and put it all together at LSU.

But will that happen, probably not. But that is what I hope happens.

Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. beatbama

beatbama Freshman

Booger McFarland just repeated the "put up or shut up" mantra to set up the first game after Miles here about to start on SECN. He said "they wanted him gone, so show me what you got. Show Me."
    [Also a nod to Missouri being the "Show Me" state, like how we are "Sportsman's Paradise (a nod to all my friends who skip LSU football to go hunting and fishing because that is their #1 weekend passion)]

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

SI just reported that Strong will be fired at the end of the season uness he engineers a major turn around. They have no one on staff that is an obvious interim so they won't fire him in season.

The media has been brutal to LSU for firing Les after 11 seasons and four games. How big a hit will Texas take for not even giving Strong 2 and a half years before deciding to can him? LSU even gave Stovall, Archer, Hallman, and Dinardo four years each.

I don't know if Strong can ultimately turn them around but he came into dumpster fire, got rid of all the bad seeds, and started rebuilding. He's bringing in highly ranked recruiting classes and he's got the offense right on Big 12 schedule. I would think he deserves at least one more year to improve the defense. Jeez, let the guy get his on recruits in and see what he can do? Talk about an administration that coaches should be weary of working for.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I'm just going to leave this right here.

Also, please read this before responding to another one of my arguments: https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/169/Strawman-Fallacy .

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. bowe

bowe Senior Member

9-10 Miles was in last 19 SEC games. He was a great coach but like most coaches loses his edge after awhile.

Same way with Paterno , Bobby Bowden, Frank Solich. It happens to a lot of great coaches that lose their edge as they get older.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Complacency is a MF'r

lsu-i-like and bowe like this.
  10. beatbama

beatbama Freshman

We've done nothing to impress me so far. O, show me what you got!