Alumni Divestment

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Apr 29, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The campus has been like a second home. I literally grew up there attending every kind of sporting event with my dad. I wore his letterman jacket when I was little and all my gear as a kid was USC. We spent holidays with my parent's teammates and sorority sisters. I really subscribed to the idea of the Trojan Family and there were memories to bolster that. My dad gave so it felt normal.

But the school today is not the same place as when I attended. It's clear the administration wants to mimic the ivy league and that's not for me. When a teacher's personal political stance becomes the defining factor in a matter that affects USC and casts it in a negative light.....and the powers that be stand there like a group of castrated cattle, I just can't go along.

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

What is amazing to me is that Stanford is the toughest school in CA for a California kid to get into. Something like 3%. They are private so okay but even the Cal State and UC systems are admitting declining numbers of California residents. WTF? I don't want to pay taxes so that droves of local kids have to leave the state to get a college education.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'd say get on board fully with us but our BoS and Admins suck tainted donkey dicks.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Vball, didn't you once tell me that a recruit yall plucked from Louisiana was majoring in video gaming?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yup. This lazy dope smoker in fact.
    [​IMG]

I don't know if he ever stepped inside a classroom but he probably played a lot of video games. He never graduated anyway. We started to look into his "girlfriend's" SUV that he drove....he left early for the draft and I'm glad. He was one of the player's that was the beginning of the end for PC. Joe didn't show up to practice very often and when he did, he didn't practice very hard. PC played him as a starter anyway. He was a favorite. That shit doesn't work with other players. It tore the team apart.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah I remembered who it was. Didn't know if you wanted it out there, specifically. I also remember you telling me, early in the season, how out of shape he was and how he'd puke at practice. Musta been a nice sight for you and the gang.

How much did yall have to pay him, anyway? :D