Always next year? sheesh...Expectations to high?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KajunKenny, Sep 18, 2006.

1. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

As a resident of south La, it seems that we always get the short end of the stick on these kind of things. LSU was robbed of this win and after waiting months for the CFB season to get here, it seems that unless we get a re-peat of 04, we have to wait for next year for a national championship. Sure it will be a great season for LSU, they will get a bowl game and probally not lose another game. However, with the talent we have, do we expect to much? Are we getting like the Lakers of old where anything less then a championship is un-acceptable?

Our kids played there ass off on Saturday, it really sux that CFB have a limited amount of games and for some zebra's to change the game on poor calls is a joke.

But come next weekend I will be watching LSU stomp Tulane and cheering cause whether we win a national championship or not, I am a TIGER FAN and won't miss a game. I wouldn't care if LSU lost 10 games a year. GO TIGERS!

Just like the Saints. We started out by winning 2 games on the road. Hearing Boomer on ESPN basically down play the saints comeback yesterday pisses me off. The sad part is even if the Saints beat Atlanta on monday nite, they won't care, even tho NO-ONE on any network predicted the Saints to win more then 6 games.

I say screw you ESPN and those other supposed know-it-alls. That's why you don't see any true SEC FAN on ESPN doing commentarys. Cause you gotta get on ya knees for these other idiots and they wouldn't know real football if it kicked em in the nutz.

Ok guess im done venting. Makes the week suck when LSU losses, espically when they lose like this...

GRRRRRRRRRRR.... Someone find a Zebra and kick him in the ass for me...

2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think the "wait till next year" talk only applies to NC hopes. Its not like everyone's going to head for their deer lease until next September. We'll all still be there every week for the Tigers.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Before this year even started I had the "wait till next year" view as far as NC runs goes. Not because I didn't believe in the team but because our schedule is so hard this year. I'm still happy with the tigers this season, and I don't think anyone even on this board predicted LSU going undefeated this year. Sure we all "hoped" it but sadly that dream won't happen this year. We can still go to a BCS game and hopefully play either USC or ND, which would be one of my looked forward to games.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with most of what you say. The frustrating thing to me is that THIS LSU team is NC caliber. Talent at such key spots comes in cycles; especially on defense where we're just beasts. We just happen to be at the up point (and hopefully still rising) of that cycle and it's frustrating to see a championship caliber team lose to another championship caliber team because of things they can't control.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Thinks may be grim, but the National Championship is not completely out of the picture. To be honest, I could care less as long as we play as hard as we did on Saturday. Our running game needs some work, but we played a hell of a game on Saturday. I am SOOOOOO much more satisfied than I was at this point last season. I just hope we continue to improve and work out the kinks in our offense.

7. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

Eck... let's not talk about last season... I was at that TN game and it sucked.

8. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

If the Auburn game was a Home Game, whe would have won!!! Just a reminder.....in 3 games, our Defense has only given up 13 points!!!!!
    :lsup: :geauxtige :lsup:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We're in the Top-10 for Heavens sake!

LSU is going to have a great season with 9 to 11 wins and perhaps go to a BCS bowl. We could have a lot worse problems. We are now in that elite top level (Notre Dame, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, Michigan...) that still get respect even if they take a loss.

I'm movin' on. Complaining about the referees ain't going to change anything and I'd rather think about the 62-0 we are going to paste on Tulane.

10. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I've moved on, and what helps is thinking about how ND can't win the national title either. Or UT-Austin.