Am I Nuts?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geekboy, Jan 23, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I love the optimism too but how many undefeated teams have we had in our history? I pray you are right but my mind keeps telling me otherwise.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Exactly. He's got 5x the posts and all the rep points in the world for going over there and kissing OU's ass so hard he's got a Dirty Sanchez. :rofl:

He was apologizing to them after hearing their French Quarter sob stories when the only proper response is a swift kick in the a$$.

3. Boondoggie

Boondoggie Freshman

Ok....That is great enthusiasm. But, don't go crazy. I see us potentially having problems in two games Florida and Tennesse. Yes, they both are at home. But LSU has only finished undefeated at home once (last year). Florida has an experienced QB and talent. Tennessee has Ainge and a good receiving corp. Also, do not forget Arizona St. They are ranked in mnay preseason top 15s.

We lost our two starting corners and still don't have a DC yet. With any new coaching staff comes new systems. There will be a learning curve. How steep that learning curve is depends on the players. Also, Jemarcus Russell may one day be great, but I don't think he is there yet.

I, too am optimistic. But I am also a realist. Can we go undefeated? ABSOLUTELY? But it is extremely hard to go undefeated in the SEC (the reason I think Auburn should've won the NC).

Let's hope they do go undefeated!!!:helmet:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Take it from someone who grew up there. Culturally, north Louisiana is Baja Arkansas, but they are LSU fans for sure. Not Saints fans, though. They mostly follow the Cowboys.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Ramah's attitude is spreading :lol:

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I will say that our schedule is favorable. With our returning talent, it's certainly not out of the rhelm of posibility. In fact, I think it's easier than our 13-win-National Title campaign.

However, I will admit that, as of now, "on paper", the only team that could beat us is perhaps Tenn and/or Florida. But both of those are huge question marks. UT will be losing a lot of talent--but they also get two very good, very proven, young QB's back next season, and are loaded with top-notch incoming talent.

Florida, on the other hand, is going to be going thru the same things we will reguarding their players learning a new system under a new coach.

I think if we are going to lose a game, the point in the season where the risk is higher, IMO, appears to be early in the season, where the Vols come to town and if we're not quite ready, in terms of knowing Miles' new system, we may have a tough game on our hands. But if, after the UT game, we're undefeated, I think the season becomes slightly easier based on our players continued grasp of the new system.

7. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

It mainly depends on the play of our QB.
    Our defense will be good and keep us in the game. It is how our QB plays and throws as to how good we will be as a team.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Where's Ramah when you need him, he can answer that question for you.

It's happened before. Tennessee will be a very good team this year, so don't overlook them.

I do agree with you that USC won't go undefeated again. Even this year they could/should have lost a few games to mediocre teams. They are sure to slip up somewhere along the line in 2005.

I would reserve comments like that till after we've seen this team play a few games under Miles, but I'm optimistic.

One problem with that, Saban was the master mind of that defense. We will be an offensive team now, so none of what you just mentioned will really matter next season.

Ok, now I'm convinced I just read a post by Ramah.

It's fine to be optimistic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's just be level headed and support Miles and the boys. :thumb:

9. BB

BB Founding Member

I know that we all have the purple and gold glasses on right now, but I'll go out on a limb and say that Tennessee might be favored on their visit to Tiger Stadium. They will (IMO) be coming off a big road win at the Swamp on National TV. Their staff is in place and their QB's are fully acclimated to the system. Arizona State is priority #1, but our kids still need to learn a new system and that always makes me nervous...

10. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

We are going to lose to Alabama, Tennessee, Florida. We will do good if we can beat Auburn at home and Ole Miss on the road. Bama will play Tennessee in the SEC championship game and no one from the SEC will be able to challenge Southern Cal for the National Championship. They do not play anybody decent and should be a easy favorite to be national champs again.