Am I the only one starting to get a bit aggravated with this

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Jan 10, 2011.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont want to steal Richard Condons thunder I was listening to his show here in Dallas over the internet and he brought this up and I was like Yeh good point.

Alleva should have told Les on Friday night, you got until Monday at 5:00pm to make a decision. You have my permission to fly and speak to whomever you want, they don't even need to call. We get it its UM your Alma Mater etc. You have 3 days to fly wherever, meet with whoever, take your family, etc.
    But Monday at 5:00pm you let us know if you are staying you are going.

That simple..

I thought it was a good point. I cannot help but think Les is holding LSU a bit hostage right now, and frankly I am getting sick of coaches (Saban) doing this when they leave. We usually fire coaches but again now the last two of recent memory have been dragging us all through this.

I just wish with Saban and now with Les LSU would have said "Dude we are not going to do this, you have one of the premier jobs in the Nation. Yes its not the only but one of them. Its yours to keep and you are paid well. But we will NOT allow you to drag this program and fanbase around for a week while you flirt with other places. You got 3 days....

And if he says not enough simply say "Fine we will move on as well"
    WOuldnt that be refreshing just for once....

So I ask at one point does LSU say "Les Sh*t or get off the pot"

I think Les is great and I hope he stays, but I am already a little weary of all of this and if there is nothing by tomorrow, I say let him bounce and we move on.

And no its not me not understanding the process. We should be dictating the process. Not Les.
    Let Les flirt with his love of his life, give him three full days.
    BUt enough is enough.

We have these stupid Michigan planes at our airports, recruits wondering whats going on, etc.

Solve it Les, leave if you want, we will be fine but we want you to stay. We think we got a good thing going. We will understand its Michigan your long lost love. But do us a favor and decide...

enough already

1 person likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you dont make the rules when the other side is holding the cards. Les is in a unique position and knows it.

its strictly business.

you dont risk the money-maker for the university by bluffing. if we gave les an ultimatum we would be bluffing we have as good or a better hand.

we do not.

carry on les. let us know when you decide. nice season. thank you, sir.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

See this is what I dont agree with. I think LSU DOES hold some cards. That is kind of my point.

Maybe we dont. Maybe Alleva knows more than we do what our options may be and he doesnt like them.

But I just wish ONCE someone would do like BC did with that coach.
    Oh you interviewed with the Jets, Great, now you have all the free time in the world to interview with whomever you want.

I just loved when BC did that.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

And you don't bluff the most bat-sh!t-crazy riverboat gambling coach in the league. Besides, have you seen this guy's poker face?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:rofl:

i was laughing at "bat shyt crazy" but the picture and "poker face" put me over the edge.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

At this point in the game, I really don't think LSU holds too many cards at this point.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The problem with this is the way the contracts are written. They are overwhelmingly in favor of the coach. I keep waiting for a university to write a contract that says ok, we'll pay you x dollars for x years. If you quit, you owe us the balance remaining on your contract.

If we fire Les now, we have to buy out his contract for what, 14M or so? If he leaves, and this only applies for UM, he owes us 1.5M. Pretty one-sided. There is nothing in the contract that says he can't talk to others.

So, yes, Les does hold all the cards.

8. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

It's called respect. Give the man a day to work it out, he's earned that.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

do you like your options in pelini? alleva is not hiring malzahn. patterson likely isnt going anywhere. petersen certainly isnt a fit on the bayou.

so say you give les a deadline and then can him when he doesnt decide in time. you'd owe him a fortune and still have to pay some scrub 3 million bucks as well.

not smart business.

cant let our egos get in the way on such decisions. i mean thats all fun and cute for BC in the ACC where i could win 8 games. not so much here.

10. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Relax. Life is too short to get upset about it. It will be what it will be.

1 person likes this.