Am I the only one that dislikes the SEC-CBS TV deal?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

I sure hope so, because the networks have basically given up on Saturday nights. ABC is now showing college football, CBS runs reruns of some of their top weekday dramas, & while I don't know what NBC trots out there, I'm sure it sucks. Not sure how long our contract with Espn is good for, but CBS would probably have to wait until it expires.

2. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I like the SEC TV deals. I see at least 8 LSU games a year (granted I'm still in the Southeast) and don't have to pony up $ for the ESPN Gameplan. My only problem with CBS is the freaking announcers. I know ESPN hired Todd Blackledge. Anyone know who his replacement is?

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Is he still in love with David Pollack? ..... is his man-crush on Mark Richt still thriving?

4. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

CBS snagged Gary Danielson from ABC(who is pretty good IMO). I get so tired of Verne saying "Aflack!"

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I like Verne, Danielson and Blackledge. I think all 3 are good announcers myself.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The contract expires after the 2008 season. You're probably right about having to wait until it expires.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Actually, I'd be peeved if I was a Big 10 fan--they get their ESPN day games, but do not have deals in place w/ a major network the way others do (Big XII w/ ABC and SEC w/ CBS, just to name two).

I have no problems w/ one of the three major, non-cable networks promoting SEC football nationwide each weekend. Along w/ the ESPNs and JP, I doubt any other conference gets better, marquee treatment than LSU...okay, Notre Dame has a pretty sweet deal w/ NBC, but they're Notre Dame.

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Big 10 is part of the ABC package, along with the Big 12, ACC, Big East and Pac 10. ABC does regional games, so you probably get to see just the Big 12 games in your neck of the woods.

The Big 10 will also have their own cable channel starting in 2007.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The Big 10 will also have their own cable channel starting in 2007.[/quote]

The SEC is going to be the next from the article I posted at the start of this thread.

10. marcnbc

marcnbc Founding Member

These conference channels really aren't going to affect the top football schools. The conference channels will get football games that aren't picked up by the other networks(so you might see an Arkansas/Miss. St. game on the SEC channel). These channels should benefit basketball, baseball, softball, track, volleyball, etc., but not so much in football.