Am I the only one thinking it?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by TigerBacker70, Oct 19, 2014.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Drew Brees looks absolutely horrible. Despite half decent stats today, I was horrified that Brees simply cannot throw the ball downfield anymore, cannot find open receivers consistently, can't escape any pass rush whatsoever, and his accuracy is fleeting at best. He made several WTF throws today.

I'm afraid he might be in decline. It could just be a bad slump. I hope so. But he's not playing the way he needs to play for the team to be successful.

Cmon Drew. Pull your head out of your ass and convince me you've still got it. I really want to be wrong.

Don't get me started on Payton's horrendous mismanagement of the game and clock down the stretch that put Detroit in position for that game winning drive. I think he was getting the play calls through the headset directly from Les Miles.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you think they would trade Breed for Jennings and Harris?

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Damn, we could recruit the Miles haters and sick em on Payton and Brees!

I actually was against paying Brees. I believed then, and still believe, that it was a bad investment. He took too much of the team's salary for himself. He was past the half way point of his prime when he signed. Great move on his part, poor business move on the Saints part.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    b_leblanc and shane0911 like this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I actually thought DB looked the best he has this season so far yesterday. DETs pass rush is formidable. DB had them w/in a minute of winning. DET is dirty and it was dirty play that ultimately did us in at the end there. They got away with it.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What did they do that was dirty?

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats retarded. the saints are cleveland without brees/payton. and if the saints didnt pay brees, payton is in dallas as soon as theres an opening.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brees is being paid the going rate for All Pro future Hall of Fame quarterbacks. His paycheck is in line with Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's. What would you have done? Let Brees go and made Chase Daniels the starter?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

kyle cooking: good

kyle football: bad

hes such a tight ass he thinks he can apply his frugality to professional sports. he even reuses toilet paper!!

fanatic likes this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

kyle's cool, but that was some funny shit. (pun intended)

As for Brees, he threw for over 5k yards for the 3rd straight year last year and 4th time in 6. That's never been done. I will say that I think his arm strength has diminished a tad. Despite the beautiful throw to Stills on Sunday, he has been underthrowing receivers on the deep routes. He's just got to find a way to adapt, like Peyton did. I also think that he's so supremely confident in himself and his receivers that he's been throwing ill advised passes of late, resulting in picks. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's thrown at least one pick in every game this year. Be smarter with the football and everything will be fine.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Brees is becoming ineffective. He can no longer hit the deep pass, he underthrows, overthrows, makes HORRIBLE decisions when he's under pressure...those backhanded flips and shit he does. If a bunch of dudes on an Internet forum see it then I'd bet that NFL teams who eat, breathe, and sleep the shit know it too.

In addition to that, this season is already shot to hell so might as well apply the "suck for luck" approach, and draft your qb of the future and let him study under Brees before he's done. Griffin ain't that guy.

Like Peyton Manning said, play til you suck. Well, we're seeing the beginning of that stage of Brees' career.