Am I wrong?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Mar 9, 2018.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Also, I get that it’s hard to be positive about someone when he wasn’t a choice even in your top ten, lol, and that you personally dislike. For me, I was ready for CLM to leave, it just wasn’t fun watching LSU football anymore, and am willing to give Oeaux a little time to see what he can do. If it’s clear he’s in over his head, part ways and move on. I don’t think he is, at least not yet, so I choose to stay positive and supportive.

2. ParadiseiNC

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Enough time for O is less than Herman/Fisher. O hasn’t really proven himself, so his installation period is condensed. If he’s going to be great, he needs to be great now. Herman/Fisher have already proven enough (regardless of if they are the correct answer - for the money they were asking for I like O better).

TigerTap likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Herman has NOT proven greatness as a head coach.

5. lsu-i-like

He’s proven enough to pull huge money, regardless of if is actually worth it. He’s a high potential guy and LSU would have been thrilled to have him as well as the toast of CFB. O wasn’t chosen at Syracuse.

kcal and TigerTap like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

Well, my thing is the unwillingness to give Oeaux some time. The idea that transitions would be smoother from Miles to Oeaux as a selling point is accurate, but doesn’t mean it won’t take time to build a winner with a different offensive emphasis. Miles relied on RBs, athletes, and a strong D. It takes a few recruiting cycles to transition philosophies, and build up some of the weaknesses and depth issues on the lines. But, every one here says we F’d up hiring Oeaux, he’ll never win, thus he won’t be given the chance to do it in a reasonable time frame. As the author acknowledges at the end, Dabo didn’t hit his stride until after year 4. You think anyone here is going to give Oeaux the time if he has the seasons Dabo did in between, 5-7 and 6-6? Hells no.

didit and Bengal B like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

Dabo didn’t inherit a program at the level of LSU. If he can have a strong 2018, recruiting should be good, which might start the ball rolling in a good direction. But if he can’t get 2018 straight it could all fall apart.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

If Baby Huey can keep going 9-3 he's not going anywhere. That's my concern.

TigerTap and lsu-i-like like this.
  9. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

TigerTap likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

Well, we didn’t fire Les for 8-3. If he doesn’t get out that rut, he’ll get run eventually.