America............ you're fired.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

All the gov plans to help people are very noble. The problem is that there is no way we can afford them. I understand the desire to provide everyone with quality healthcare, retirement income and the like but the fact remains it is completely unrealistic to believe that we can afford to continue borrowing money to do this. By trying to help so many people we will destroy the ability to help anyone if we go bankrupt in the process.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why yes, in fact . . . :lol:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so basically you are saying, unless you can afford to get medical care, f you? That's what I don't understand about this whole voucher system. Lets give you the old fart, (hypothetical, not saying you are actually the old fart) 15,000 bucks in sizzler..er uh i mean BCBS cooooopons. 1 being the old fart you are, insurance for you is going to cost alot because you are a risk. After your 15,000 is up, you are on your own?

It's funny when I heard all the GOP talking about death panels, and how there was going to be some sort of court marshall type setting with doctors and government officials saying to these folks, well, gonna cost too much to fix ya, you go die now. Well what is this voucher thing? It's pretty much a death certificate is it not. We will fix 15k worth of ya but everything over that, we can't do til we are paid.

1 person likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

All the gov plans to help people are to create a welfare state. 47% of americans don't pay federal income taxes while 45% think the tax system is just fine.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Health care rationing, or death panels for the fear mongers, is essential to getting our health care system in line. Some drugs are just too expensive for medicare yet they provide them anyway when there's no chance of appreciably extending life or curing the disease. We can either face reality or lose our let healthcare destroy our economy at which point we will have de facto health care rationing due to other economic factors.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Dude I don't have the answer. I know we borrow over .40cents on every dollar we spend. We spend money on things that's not essential. I don't undestand how you can't understand that there is not enough money to fund everything. If taxes were higher then the politicans will find more to spend on. Everyone can't count on government to take care of their needs. If we don't get a grip then we will go bankrupt and liberals don't believe it. Didn't the report on the bond rating mean anything to you?

7. red55

They don't OWE income taxes because of all the tax credits set up over the years. Many of them are middle class or wealthy. If you make 50K and have two dependent children, you owe no federal income taxes!

It's why I favor a flat tax with no credits, deductions, or other avoidance's allowed. I pay 17% on my middle class income, the billionaire pays 17% on his fabulous income and the poor guy pay 17% on his low income. Or whatever percentage it takes to pay the bills. Just get rid of the loopholes.

8. red55

People are still lining up to buy federal notes, in fact the interest on them dropped the day that news was released, demand is so high.

The US is still the most stable democracy in the world and the dollar is still valued highly as a safe investment.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Are you saying 14trillion is sustainable and more debt will not send our economy into a ussr style meltdown in the near future if debt continues at the rate it has grown in the last two years.

10. red55

No. Where do you come up with this stuff?

I spoke very clearly. What didn't you understand? I did not mention any amount of money, I did not use the words sustainable or meltdown, I did not invoke the USSR or our economy.

I said that our credit is still good and business in fed notes is still brisk. Whatever dire scenarios that you imagine are not an issue right now. There is no need to panic.