American Chopper

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Feb 3, 2009.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Chopper has way too much Mikey and Jason Pohl, now. Not enough fabrication. Not enough Tubs. Pussified.

Vinny was a very likeable balance against the annoying Mikey and Senior. Cody has always been kind of a zero, but tirk is right--if they lose Rick, they're SOL.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree on pohl. they are even allowing him to attempt fabricating. I wouldnt want him touching my bike.

mikey is way likable though but the class trips are way too much.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I watch this whenever nothing else is on, and I agree that Vinnie was the most talented guy in that shop. I read an article recently with Vinnie where he talked about the farewell episode, and that the Tuttles were actually very sad to see him go, but understood at the same time. He said they (the Tuttles) have no say on the editing of the show, and it is likely that the reason you saw so little of their departure is because that what producers wanted you to see.

To the show, it amazing watching that process from the conception phase to completion....I wish I had that much talent.

4. tirk

thats where jr comes in. vinny and the others dont have near the imagination on designs as this guy. when hes awol, which is often, the shop is at a standstill.

pohl is just a nutjob. his ideas are bunk.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I don't ride bikes but I really enjoy the show, the parts dealing with the bike, not the other drama that goes with it. I never really figured out what sr.'s contribution was.

6. tirk

he really has no clue on how to do anything. its amazing he started this shop. actually when discovery was airing this show it was going to be another family but they had to use another at the last minute and the teutuls happened to be the fall back plan.

sr hated the demo because it showed them in a bad light so he flew in to kick the producers ass.

the rest is history.

personally, I enjoy watching nubs (the painter) the most.

7. red55

Pohl is a graphic designer, not a conceptual designer. He's a good draftsman and clearly his drawings have speeded up the process of getting designs approved by the customers and getting juniors ideas across to the fabricators. He'd have to be a nutjob to work there for very long. I'd have had enough of Mikey's worthless lazy ass really quick.

Mikey need to be in the souvenir shop working the fans . . . not in the bike shop.

8. tirk

mikey is actually the most likable dude in the shop. well at least in the family. Hes a good go-between for the fabricators and sr. And hes very smart just lazy as f.

he has his role for the series and plays it well.

and clearly pohl has his part as a designer but his creative contributions are null and void. you cant teach that part and jr is very good. or at least was.

and all these guys know being on this show give them their 15 mins and exposure theyd get nowhere else.

vinny and code would likely never have a show or a shop if not for OCC. no one would know who the hell they were.

still not sure how this show is going to go over.

9. red55

Senior was a good welder and ironworker and started a very successful ironworks shop (Orange County Ironworks) that is now owned by his somewhat estranged 3rd son. He had always been kind of a coked-up biker and started a bike shop on the side (Orange County Cycles). It was when Junior came into the business and they formed Orange County Choppers that their bike designs started getting attention at shows around the country.

Me too. Whatever happened to the first painter, the young guy, Justin? His paint jobs were very good but he apparently got on senior's bad side.

10. red55

Neither one is a real designer. It could lead to some very well-made, but ordinary choppers. Perhaps they will integrate a new designer into the mix.

Maybe the tattoo girl . . . Orange County Ink.