American media is trying to keep Americans angry and divided

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 20, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I cite this as evidence:

https://gma.yahoo.com/know-terence-...-oklahoma-162009709--abc-news-topstories.html

Terrence Crutcher shot in Tulsa. ABC news does its best to point out the cops involved are white.

Nevermind the suspect was not obeying commands given by the officers. Nevermind cops have been shot and killed at alarming rates recently.

Everything the news puts out these days is divisive. Reason? People like to be miserable and pissed and blame others for their misfortunes and shortcomings. People are more likely to read bullshit that gets their blood boiling than good news. It's all clickbait and designed to get ratings and reads so the people in charge can get more money from sponsors. News these days doesn't care about white or black, they only care about green and will twist information to attain it.

Big Tiger likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The media today is corrupt to the core, and every outlet is either left spun or right spun. There's no journalistic integrity and we are the ones suffering for it.

I used to spend my hrs after work until bed, and my off days scouring the news channels trying to keep up with what was going on around the Country and the World. Only thing I ever saw was doom and gloom, and apocalyptic bullshit type reporting. I haven't watched a minute of news, other than sports news in almost 2 months, and my overall well being has much improved. It's quite liberating.

StaceyO and Winston1 like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I agree. Meanwhile, the POTUS is telling black folks that he'll take it as a personal insult if they don't vote for Hillary. And then a few days later, "There’s a reason why we haven’t had a woman president–that we as a society still grapple with what it means to see powerful women,” Obama said during a speech on Saturday evening. “And it still troubles us in a lot of ways, unfairly, and that expresses itself in all sorts of ways.”

So if you don't vote for Hillary, you are either racist, an Uncle Tom, or sexist and yet he blames conservative media for polarizing America. SMH.

Big Tiger, islstl and Winston1 like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You guys realize that Obama managed to take the T and the U out of POTUS?

LSUTiga and GregLSU like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I finally agree with you on something in the free speech alley. Look I think Obama gets shit on a lot for things that beyond him but there is no doubt that he has NOT been a guy who has united anyone. He has been one of the most divisive presidents in the history of this country.

When there is a mass shooting what does he do? He goes after gun owners. Maybe not personally but to immediately start talking about stricter gun laws is divisive. Yeah the pragmatic thing to do would be to make it harder for criminals to get guns. But it's all in the context. It seems like he paints a broad brush over everything. How do you talk about cops who shoot unarmed black men but are too much of a coward to say Islamic Terrorism. So you will defend Muslims and not want to hurt their feelings but have no problem painting a big brush over gun owners and police.

He is the President and he should be concerned with all Americans. He represents all Americans which include people that don't like him and don't agree with him. That includes police and gun owners who follow the law.

Where are his speeches about gang violence in Chicago? Where black men slay other black men and women and children at a staggering rate? you wanna talk about racism, when is he gonna speak out against Muslims being the biggest racists and religionists in our country and allowing their children to be indroctrinated into a culture of hate and oppression. Female genital mutilation and honor killings.

The dude is too much of a coward to call them out but has no problem calling anyone who doesn't pull the D lever out.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Don Henley sang "Dirty Laundry" all the way back in 1982, but the media has seemed to get even worse over time.

As for Obama, he is certainly divisive. I am beyond disappointed in both of our candidates for President. It's a sad state of affairs when we can't find a good man or woman to be our most visible leader.

Winston1, mctiger and shane0911 like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think you meant the O and the T.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Nope, he got it right

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That dude had his hands up in a tense situation. Furthermore he was NOT A SUSPECT for anything. That's a fucked up thing for you to say. People like you expect a common citizen to be cool, calm, and collected and NOT panic while a bunch of trigger happy cops point guns at them, meanwhile a TRAINED officer handles a situation like a psycho. Is it that difficult for you guys to admit that maybe the police fucked up?

You say never mind cops have been shot and killed at alarming rates RECENTLY. Black folks and poor people in general have BEEN getting unjustly shot and killed by police for ages. And it takes not much of anything to justify it. A BLACK cop in NC killed a guy reading a book in his car because he thought it looked like a gun. He can go and dig a hole for him and that white female officer and jump in. I'll help fill it. To hell with his race.

Then later on you go with the typical white response of "what about Chicago and black-on-black crime." Like you give a fuck. There ARE people speaking out. There ARE people rallying. There ARE people trying to make a difference. But people like you only give a damn about Chicago when an overzealous cop gets an itchy trigger finger. Then it becomes a talking point for you to justify this bullshit. But you don't REALLY want to have a conversation about why things are the way they are in the inner-city. You just want black folks to get over it.

These bad officers took the same oath to protect and serve that the good officers took. The behavior bad officers make me feel as if they deserve to be in the mentally unstable group of folks who can't have guns period. The problem isn't purely racial. The problem isn't Obama. Or Drumpf. Or Shillary. The problem is unstable police that shouldn't be police officers. Period. All lives matter my ass.

10. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That's not what he said. He simply said go vote. He did not say go vote for Hillary. Of course he wants them to go vote for Hillary and he is campaigning for her (been a while since a sitting president was really able to actively campaign for a candidate). But to be fair, the quote basically said, go vote. You added the rest.

To be further fair, I have issues with this president as well. I think he's gone the extra mile for LGBT community but most of what he has for the black community has been chastising. My Brother's Keeper didn't have the ammunition behind necessary to make it have any modicum of success. It's enough that I am very disappointed with the entire political process. The two current candidates are both deplorables. Here's to 2020.

StaceyO and Winston1 like this.