Military American Sniper

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tigerchick46, Jan 20, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maher isn't even a democrat, he is a libertarian, and he always dogs democrats, however he dogs republicans more because republicans have gone absolutely buck nutty and have moved so far to the right that moderate looks like extreme leftism to them.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is the biggest problem with a position on the extremes . . . poor perspective.

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Maher is a self proclaimed liberal. A proud liberal. That being said, he does not follow the liberal agenda as spelled out by leading liberal activists. He took a strong stand denouncing Muslim terrorists for what they are. Which is Muslim. Terrorism born out of the teachings if Islam. And the Muslim region is one of the regions most against liberal ideology. Lumping poor innocent Muslims into that category did not make him popular with his crowd and he took a lot of heat for that.

Some Liberal leaders may want to call him something else but he may be more of a liberal than they are. It is one of the few things I agree with him on.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

umm, sure.

no, exactly my point. theyre the same thing from opposite ends. limbaugh may be funnier just by default. both are gas bags but limbaugh is intellectually on another level.

agree.

liberals wouldnt think so but miller used to be one. hes on another level smart but i still hate him for his mnf debacle which is exponentially more important than arguing politics.

uscvball likes this.
  5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

No, it's not possible.
    Bingo!

watson1880 likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Miller is still funny, but he's definitely gone over to the dark side. It's harder and harder for him to keep his politics out of his comedy and he can be a little boring, he's dropping down the comedian tiers. So I suspect that an Al Franken-type comedian-to-politician transformation is in his future.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I am sorry. See the movie if you want. It is a movie, based on a life story. There have been 1,000's of snipers that have served. This is not definitive. It is a movie. What people say about it does not matter to me. Why would you care what Michael Moore says, or any of them. Don't be sheep. If you want to see the movie see it, if you don't, well then, don't. Don't think the movie is exactly like life. It is not. It is a movie.

8. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

watson1880 likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The problem, as I see it, is that people have issue with the term HERO.

I think most cannot help but think of a hero as some comic book figure like Batman who doesn't kill anyone while kicking ass.

I've watched and studied a lot of history in past wars and the theme is the same. Great acts of bravery for the men and women fighting next to them. The sad fact is, you need people to not hesitate and pull the trigger. To save the lives of guys in the field. It is hard for MOST Americans to realize this. They cannot see or do not understand the courage these men have and the great sacrifice they must make.

It is not about if any war is right or wrong, once these soldiers are on the ground its not about politics for them. It is about saving the guys next to you and getting home.

COTiger and shane0911 like this.