Amp Hill Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Apr 25, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'm not sure if this has been posted. Was it me or did Amp Hill look like he was almost limping during warm ups before the game? I've got a bad feeling that his injury will not allow him to play or be full speed this season. I could be completely wrong because I don't have any information to go on other than what I saw at the spring game. I sure hope for his sake that he heals up well and in time for this season. Does anyone know anything about his staus other than third party info ? Please share if you do.

BTW Buster Davis and Dwayne Bowe looked good in the game.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He was the only non QB that I saw with a red no contact jersey. That tells me that he is not 100% yet but it is a long way until the first game and he may be ready.

3. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

Amp is still not 100%. He was limping during the game. He only played 3 plays b/c they didnt want to risk anything. He said that spring practice has slowed down his rehab. Now that practice is over, he can focus on getting the knee and quad back in shape.

4. psychosomatic

psychosomatic Freshman

We luv U Amp!!! Get Better Soon

:champs: I spoke to Amp on Fri. after I bought my tickets to the spring game. His rehab is going just fine, but he's more apprehensive about reinjuring it. He said he will continue strengthening it during the summer and should be full speed come fall. He had an ice pack on it and was walking with a very noticable limp as you noticed, but according to him he is very optimistic about his return. He's a real nice fellow and I wish him the best for the '04 season. Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:ldskule: :geaux: :tigerhead

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nick has been quoted as saying that they "weren't taking any chances with his knee." I figure Hill is scheduled for a August recovery and they are just not going to risk injury in the spring. But he must get running on the leg, because his muscles will have atrophied during recovery. Thus the red jersey.

You never know with a knee injury. Marcus Randall came back very quickly from a knee injury, but it took Harvey Williams two years to get back to speed.

6. SATigerFan

SATigerFan Founding Member

Taking a chance wearing RED, because we damn sure smacked around all of the teams wearing red last season. LOL LOL

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Did anyone else notice how much smaller his right calf was than his left calf? Just looking at that alone tells me that he is still a ways off of being 100%. Hopefully by August he'll be back ready for full contact action.