Amp Update

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tino03, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

I know some of you have been waiting for me to post on Amp's comeback status, so here it is. He is doing very well in spring practice thus far. He is running at full speed and he footwork is getting quicker. His knee isn't swelling after practice and there is no more fluid buildup. I have seen personally that his jumping ability is back from playing basketball with him at the rec. He said that the new recieving coach said that there is no reason for him not to see playing time this year. I look for him to turn some heads in the scrimmage next weekend. I'll post more when I know more.

2. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Thanks for the update. :thumb:

(Fingers crossed for Amp)

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hopefully Amp can turn as amny heads as the billboard I passed today in Atlanta. WOW. They really need to think about people trying to drive when they allow these things next to interstate. Wish I was able to take a picture, but that would have been really, really dangerous. :eek:

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

which billboard would that be?

5. cajdav1

All I saw was the picture, didn't have time to read it. The lady in it is half naked and gorgeous. Think it was for a "Gentleman's" Club. On I-75 south in Marietta.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

In somewhat related news, a group called "Amp Hill for Heisman" is on www.thefacebook.com, and includes football players: Will Arnold, Alley Broussard, Early Doucet, Keron Gordon, EJ Kual & Justin Vincent as members.

It sounds like alot of the team has some high hopes for him as well.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

That's GREAT news! Given his potential (coming out of high school) and size, and his unfortunate injury and insuing work ethic to get back on the field, I've become a big Amp Hill supporter.

8. cajdav1

I wolud guess that most Tiger fans are pulling harder for Amp due to his struggles with injury and sticking it out and working hard to get back. And I have a feeling we will see him score a lot in his career.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Maybe some LSU basketball players could learn a lesson from this?
    Especially the former ones, quitters?
    Sorry to bring this up on this thread but it was the first thing that came to my mind, what a difference between the 2 programs, attitude wise?
    At the same university.
    I'm not saying players like Bass, etc don't have good attitudes or anything.
    Just looks like a world of difference between the players of each program.

Can't wait to see Amp playing on the field, I am already ready for LSU football!!! :helmet:

10. cajdav1

Sourdough, I agree with that. Individually I can't really remark about all of these guys that have quit, but as a group I think it shows how soft so many have become, when faced with advesity it's easier to quit than to work hard and fight. I know I wouldn't want any of these guys in a foxhole with me.