An Arrogant Horn's Opinion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by nt, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Hillbillyhorn

Hillbillyhorn Freshman

Thanks Tiger,
    We're embarased by fans like nt who come to your board and talk trash. The great majority of Longhorn fans have respect for LSU and your football team. That's not to say we don't want to whip your tails on the field, but ther is no need for disrespect. Please visit us at Longhornfanzone.com for the same kind of good treatment I have recieved here.

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Hookem and HillbillyHorn close your eyes......I don't want you to read this.

nt (what's that "nut tugger"),

the arrogance you project is the exact reason UT under achieves every year. You just expect that if you throw that hideous burnt orange out on the field you will be the victor. Maybe back in the 60's that would work. But today no one in the country cares or is intimidated by what the team in Austin can.....or more correctly can't do. To take it further, you hate having to play LSU b/c they are not ranked or not ranked high enough b/c it will hurt your final ranking when (should actually be an IF) you win. Again worried about "window dressing". Well, you can dress it up all you want but the fact of the matter is everyone in your conference and around the country recognizes that UT is a joke regardless of where you end up ranked!!!

Year in and year out you get the #1 recruiting class in the country and what does old Mack do with it......NOTHING. Oh sure you blow out Slippery Rock and Little Sister's of the Poor and Lost, but when the big game comes you fall flat on your face.

the fact of the matter remains you have nothing to be arrogant about: you have won nothing, done nothing and accomplished nothing. If anything you've wasted the best talent in the country.....probably made them arrogant in doing so.

Get a life, get a team or simply DO SOMETHING!!! before you start worrying about where your ranked.

And don't come back with some crap about what has LSU done.....LSU is lucky to be in this bowl game...I don't think anyone will argue with that.

3. nt

nt Freshman

do you guys realize that the SEC's record in the cotton bowl is 1-4? I understand that the education level in the SEC isn't up to par so I'll tell you...that's a losing record. A pretty piss poor record.

As far as UT not accomplishing anything, what's LSU ranking? When was the last time you guys ended the year in the top 5?

Man I can't wait to beat-up LSU.

4. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

please research better lsu has beat texas twice in the cotton bowl itself... plus i remember ole miss and bama winning in cotton bowl i myself long for the days when cotton bowl was one of the four big bowlsi hate the idea of fiesta bowl being such a big deal....:eek:

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

and Ark. has won the cotton a couple times too....i guess only one time while being in the SEC though

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

nt, I realize that facts often get in the way of your arguments, but the FACTS indicate the opposite of what you claim. First, where do you get the 1-4 record? The FACT is that the record for the SEC is 1-2 SINCE THE SEC TIE-IN (again, against much higher ranked teams). The link shows the Cotton Bowl history, and you'll find that the record for SEC teams is just about .500. LSU's record in Cotton Bowls is 2-0-1. Pretty piss poor, huh?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls01/s/cotton_history.html

7. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers Founding Member

nt,
    lets not get into the "this stat and that stat, who's ranked where thing". That, as I'm sure you know, doesn't mean jack when gameday comes. Those are all things to help fans "feel better" about their teams, and if you need that, I feel sorry for you. Seems most Tiger fans are satified that the Tigers are playing, it doesn't matter who or where; as far as "your team needing to beat someone of higher rank"...that opportunity was givin to the Horns during the regular season, just like the Tigers had thier chance.
    So, nt, I guess what I'm really curious about is whether you really support your Longhorns, after all "Your Texas", :rolleyes: or do you only support thier ranking and a poll standing? because that's what it sounds like to me.

Also, Hillbilly and Hook'em, I appeciate y'all coming to talk football and smack, not just crap. (I have a brother who's a Longhorn, and he's told me all about guys like nt).
    GEAUX TIGERS!!:)

8. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Perhaps nt's problem.........

with playing such a lowly ranked team is that when the Tigers whip Texas' butt, there won't be any excuses for it!

9. nt

nt Freshman

1999 38 Texas (Mack Brown, 8-3-0) 72,611
    11 Mississippi State (Jackie Sherrill, 8-4-0)

2000 27 Arkansas (Houston Nutt, 7-4-0) 72,723
    6 Texas (Mack Brown, 9-2-0)

2001 35 Kansas State (Bill Snyder, 10-3-0) 63,465
    21 Tennessee (Phillip Fulmer, 8-3-0)

2002 10 Oklahoma (Bob Stoops, 10-2-0) 72,955
    3 Arkansas (Houston Nutt, 7-4-0)

can you count? how many wins and losses is that? or is it some kind of inbred hillbilly math they teach in LA

10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

nt, are you actually serious? or are you just trying to play "mind games"?

either way...im sure you realize that teams in the SEC have been playing in the Cotton long before 1999

and by the way...the highest point in La is around 500ft..."hillbilly" you say?