An Arrogant Horn's Opinion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by nt, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Hillbillyhorn

Hillbillyhorn Freshman

nt: Have you ever played football? I've played enough to know that you can throw those stats out the window. If the Horns don't show up and take LSU seriously, we will get beat!

2. nt

nt Freshman

ok i will repeat it one more time for you. the CURRENT contract w/ the cotton bowl sucks ass b/c the SEC sends us crappy teams. in fact i'll repeat it a third time the CURRENT contract.

i'm not bitching about what occurred 10, 20, or 30 years ago. i'm bitching about the CURRENT contract (that was four times). understand?

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

hmmm, i dont see where you mentioned " do you guys realize that the SEC's record in the cotton bowl is 1-4 SINCE 1999?" ....i also dont see there where you said "i dont care what the record was 20-30 years ago"....

but hey thats fair...if you dont care what happened 20-30 years ago...then i dont care what happened 1-4 years ago

4. nt

nt Freshman

my mistake then was to assume, i wouldn't need to explain every little detail. i had thought that by saying the current contract sucks (that's six) that you tigers would understand.

5. nt

nt Freshman

stats mean nothing? i beg to differ. let me ask you this, a 1-10 team plays a 11-0 team. who is more likely to win? will the 11-0 team always win? no. but all over things being equal, i'll put my money on the team w/ better stats any day.

6. Hillbillyhorn

Hillbillyhorn Freshman

nt:
    Get real! Obviosly a 11-0 team would be heavily favored over a 1-10 team. Even an arrorgant Horn like you can figure that out, but LSU is 8-4 in a very tough conference and would have done better had they not had so many injuries this year. Teams often reflect the mood of their fans, and the Tiger fans seem very confident and upbeat about this game. Texas fans, so far seem lethargic. Let us hope our team does not mirror them or we will get beat. If we show up, I do think we'll win, but it won't be as easy as you think.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Alright nt,

you say "i'll put my money on the team w/ better stats any day"

then the final score should be:

LSU 16
    UT 16.9

I want to see you get that ".9" though.........and no rounding!!:D

8. nt

nt Freshman

you're the one who said stats mean nothing. i'm saying that stats can allow you to predict the outcome w/ some certainty. are you saying i'm wrong? or would to like to restate your position?

9. nt

nt Freshman

playing mind games. i love trash talking w/ opposing fans. makes the game all the more enjoyable. :D

10. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member