An article on the Beavers' DB's

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Aug 23, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Boy, this is going to be fun. Please, Pleeeeeeeeze, come back here after the game, Smelly.

2. trubeav

trubeav Freshman

Well I was being a little sarcastic

I just thought it was funny that a PAC-10 preview highlighting a good thing about another team was taken to reflect badly on Louisianna State University. I mean, what were you expecting them to say . . . Oregon State, well they are no LSU, Oklahoma or Miami.

But I think on that Thorpe watch list thingy, there are two OSU DB's listed and only one LSU tiger. So the conspiracy is deeper than we all thought, it wasn't this lone writer from ESPN, it involves whoever makes that Thorpe watchlist thingy. Certainly they know that Saban was a DB Coach for an NFL team who was pretty good defensively, don't they. DON'T THEY!??!

It's kind of silly, probably whoever wins that will be playing behind a good defensive line anyways and only have to hold their coverage for a shorter time.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's exactly what they should say. You have a nice team and you should enjoy being a Beaver fan. But, don't get carried away. You ain't in that league. Neither was LSU, but they are now.

LSU is not into that "watch list thingy". That's reserved for the Oklahomas, USCs and Notre Dames (if they ever get that caliber athlete again) of the world. These Tigers prefer to destroy the hype of guys like David Greene, David Pollack, Cadillac Williams, Jason White, Derrick Strait, Eli Manning, Matt Jones, etc etc etc. So bring your overhyped Thorpe watch list guys on down. You'll know what I'm talking about by about 11:00 pm on 9/4/04.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Smelly ... an Auburn or Georgia crossdresser ... won't be back after the game

He'll be like that bad little kid (promised a whippin' from Daddy by his Momma) just waitin' in bed with the covers pulled over him ... whimpering ... waiting until Daddy's car hits the driveway :hihi:

5. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?t=10109
    http://www.tigerforums.com/archive/index.php/t-10109

I knew that I was already on the record regarding this topic. I'll make one change to my original thoughts. I now DO want to rip USC !!!!

THREAD:USC fans say that Oregon State is better than Georgia

Jetstorm offered these points:

6. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I wish that I was going to this game.

My first game at Tiger Stadium was LSU vs Oregon State. Heavily favored, LSU needed a late TD to get a W. LSU 27 OSU 24. First win in one of the Tigers' lousiest seasons !!