An early breakdown of LSU-AU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cadillacattack, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

In fact, let's review those Nebraska stats for the Aubies that might be somewhat unfamiliar with his credentials:
    And now for his first year at LSU:
    They guy is no joke. The only drop-off b/w the Nebraska job and last year is turnovers. We missed a lot of opportunities in that respect last year, and I fully expect the number to increase significantly. It's just one of those things that comes with that style of defense.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

to me, it boils down to JR. If the O-line gives him time look out. can't conceive of a defense that can contain our receivers. JR's knowledge of the offense at this point will allow him to check off his first and second option. secondly, no matter how well AB looked against SWLA, this is auburn. will the O-Line function so the run game will have to be respected? will the bubble screen be a go-to play? already can't wait!!

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:thumb: You are correct.

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Here's the comparitive I used between Russell and Cox ....... stats only, but I did give Russell the nod because (a) he's a Senior, and (b) his arm strength:

5. swoop

swoop Founding Member

He's a junior.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

a junior? Day-ummm, is he ever going to graduate? :lol:
    sorry 'bout the error....

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

cady, I think JaMarcus was a slightly better QB last year. But JaMarcus came from a high school where there was no real playbook - he just made plays. It's taken him a while to learn the details of the position, but he appears to really have it down this year. This is what will seperate him from Cox this year.

8. zinc 83

zinc 83 Founding Member

What a joke for an evaluation!
    No one here will disagree with it, lol.

Try & minimize LSU's HUGE advantage here and you only come off as a clown to me.

Not only is JR the best NFL QB prospect in the SEC, but he's only a junior and feeling heat from Matt Flynn & Perriloux to spur him on to even better performance. Cox will never see a down of professional football, not even Canadian or European weenie league play. It's JR's break out year and THIS GAME WILL BE DECIDED by the QB position, based on QB turnovers & big plays. Cox doesn't have the Senior Tackle position for protection in 2006 against a known savage LSU blitz package, which hasn't been shown in 2006. AU will have to run over the right side & middle ALL GAME LONG ... & BO KNOWS IT. We'll stuff the run over the left side from the git-go. Cox will face numerous hits when he tries to pass, which he will have to do quickly when facing 3rd and 5+ yards ALL GAME LONG. LSU is hip to all of Borges schemes and Cox won't have the time, where LSU & JR will. And JR will go right at that weak safety coverage you so aptly admitted. LSU Big plays "galore" in this game will be the difference. They'll come from great QB play against a weaker Auburn defense, as you ably descibed. Develop a decent OL like you had last year and come back in 2007 crowing about Auburn's might & advantages over LSU. I won't even get into several other comparisons where I KNOW your analysis is wrong. LSU has the most talent of any team in America, USC arguably can compare. Auburn and any other SEC team cannot. Team speed & strength advantage is LSU. Just watch JRs performance against Stoops AZ defense this week. It's coming to you next week.

When you see it, ask yourself one question. How's Auburn gonna score 35 points or more against LSU to "hang" and have a chance at beating them.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

JR also has the comeback or never say die mentality that Cox has not shown. Since that Iowa game comeback he has been on a mission. That is a big difference and JR now knows the reads and checks. It is going to be a sad day at Jordan Hare for AU.

10. zinc 83

zinc 83 Founding Member

And you know the sweetest part of it, bhelm. Ole JR is a Bama kid born and bred who gave ole Tubby "the fanger" when recruited.

These Auburn "homers" as you guys like to call them here never cease to amaze me. They've done everything they can to capitalize on Alabama's Demise after "Probation for Getting Ratted On by Tennessee or Cheating". Alabama is slowly rising again and will replace them as the best team in their own state again in another year or two, even though AU has won the last several Iron Bowls.

But the saddest thing about these AU "homers", as you guys call 'em here, is is when they refuse to acknowledge one of their own who SNUBBED them for a better program. I say this to all Tigers who read here.

Don't listen to ANY Auburn or Alabama "homer" who posts here and tries to diminish Jamarcus Russell & his abilities as QB. Reminds me of the old song "Sour grapes to you, sweet wine to me". I'm gonna post one of these doohickies here now. :hihi: