An example of when free speech should be regulated.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Oct 6, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The right to freedom of speech is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".

It should be easy to prove a hate crime from this group.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

the idea of "hate" speech is wildly unamerican. it never should matter who you hate or why.

"The act most be extreme enough to shock the conscience of a reasonable person."

vague laws like this should be thrown out.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

According to wikipedia the old man is 80, so he doesn't have many years left. It will be interesting, and very, very satisfying to see all of the people that turn out for his funeral.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hope a bunch of gays show up with signs that say, "God hates fags, but hates you more" or something like that.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

but that is not true, god actually hates fags, says so in the bible.

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Would you prefer an ongoing list of what you can and cannot say?

Years of jurisprudence narrows the field of what is deemed acceptable for what’s it is worth.

Example 1: Woman overheard profanity while her coworkers were being corrected, she then suffered a anxiety attach and had to go on medication. Court said no IIED, adult language in a work environment is not beyond all decency.

Example 2: Company accepted a contract to make a wedding dress, they didn’t make the dead line, court ruled that do to the special nature of the event they were guilty of IIED.
    I relate the funeral picketing with the later.

7. Bud Lee

Link?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

look it up yourself. you shouldnt require links for things so obvious. christianity and the bible favor traditional relationships.

the bible is stacked with references to hating gays and "sodomy" god murdered lots of people because of it. he absolutely detests fags. do you know nothing of the bible?

9. Bud Lee

I'm too lazy.

Old Testament do not count brah...I never read anything in the New Testament about JC hating on the gays.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

it does not say god hates fags. it says that sodomy is a sin. you do know that sodomy means ANY unnatural sex, so if you have ever received or in your case probably given a blow job :wave:, you are just as much a sodomist as a someone who takes it in the poop chute.

That has to be why those people hate others so much, because they can't receive hummers.