An open apology!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by EliteLSU1, Nov 29, 2002.

1. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

I owe Marcus Randall an apology. I really didn't think that he had what it takes to lead this team. I guess that's mud on my face.

As far as the game. My opinion is that we did everything that we should have done it just wasn't meant to be. Arkansas played hard and fought just like we did all year. Congratulations to them and good luck!
    One more comment-I think that Damien James leaving the team hurt every bit as much as Matt Mauck did getting hurt. Jack Hunt and Randall Gay did there best replacing the defensive QB. They did like Marcus Randall and improved with playing time at the new position.

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

MR has done himself and all LSU fans proud the last 2 games.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

We actually will have a good problem next spring. A QB controversy.

I hope Damien James had a good reason for what he did. If he did, then I wish him the best. If he was just tired of playing, then I still wish him the best, but it upsets me. He had a commitment to the team and he didn't fulfill it.

It's a shame to lose someone as good as him in such an odd way.

4. JTV

JTV Founding Member

Randall did everything he had to to give us a win. My hat's off to him. This defense has carried the team all season long, it's ironic that they cost us a chance to defend out title. Let's just hope the team can regroup faster than I can, I feel like I just had a steak driven through my heart.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I to owe him an apology I was brutal on him, and he played a great game. The loss was not his fault, but Jack Hunt and a secondary that allowed 77 yards in 3 plays.

How sad is that....

THis loss was a killer, worse the Auburn. Because we lost a game, Arkansas did not win it.

I guess what comes around goes around. (See Kentucky)

Now I know how Kentucky Felt.

6. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

TexasTiger & JTV: I agree..I've bad mouthed MR as much as anyone and owe him an apology as well. I believe their is plenty of responsibility to be shared for this loss. The second hog TD for one..look at the pi$$ poor tackling and I think it was a third down play. The winning drive..the first two pass plays there was no effort to pressure the QB at all, and on the play that tied the game, only one lineman attempted to pressure the QB. Conservative play calling on the drive that ended in a FG (the drive that MR kept alive with that fake and bootleg) we played not to lose from that point on. That is on Saban's shoulders! We open up the offense quite a bit and then slow down again. I'm tired of this crap from Saban. Randall finally comes through consistently and they hold him back. We had lots of success running to the corner and they start that running up the middle time and again. There were a number of penalties and I'm not convinced they (hogs) scored the first TD. It's a loss any way we dice it. They damn well better prepare to open it against Texas or we will get our a$$ kicked but good! This game could boost recruiting efforts against UT or for them.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

It is ironic that the one thing that we counted on all year, our defense, is what broke down and ultimately cost the game. Well congrats to Arky on the win, and anyone want Sugar Bowl tickets?? I got two spare tickets now that came in the mail the other day.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Bayou I know a UGA fan that will want them

I'm sure the Arkansas fans will get a kick out of that one. Anyway I too have bad mouthed Randall and I need to make a public apology since everybody else is. I'm hoping that we play the Cotton Bowl, so Bradie James can go out in style. I'm also hoping that during the spring Jack Hunt and Randall Gay really pick up what DJ picked up on as far as reading offenses. They do seem to be improving in that game to game though, they had a couple of plays yesterday where the play was sniffed out and stopped for a loss.

9. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I have no sympathy for DJ at all he let his team down by not staying away from drugs.

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

We have a team. That team played one hell of a game. Marcus would of been offensive player of the week again if we would of won. Skler Green looked great also, true freshmen, he will be something to deal with in the future. Coaches and players did there best. We just came up a litte short. GEAUX TIGERS!