And Marshall's replacement will be...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Well, first off I'll tell you who it won't be...Kansas State. K State is openly looking for someone to come TO Manhatten. They won't come to LSU.

LSU needs someone to make a one-time trip to Tiger Stadium. Here are the candidates...

1. Kent State (Saban's alma mater)
    2. Bowling Green (could make up for cancelling last year)
    3. Arkansas State (close proximity and sure win make this one somewhat attractive)
    4. TCU (coming off a winning season, they might bump up the schedule with adding LSU)
    5. New Mexico (they play an SEC team every year and don't have one scheduled for 2003)

Other reasonable possibilities...Colorado State, Nevada, Northern Illinois, Navy, Central Florida, Memphis, Temple.

Available, but ABSOLUTELY NOT happening...BYU (already cancelled on us), North Carolina, Southern Miss.

My guess is that IF LSU lands a I-A program, it'll be either Arkansas State or New Mexico.

2. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

Of that group, I think TCU would be the best choice. They would be a Div I-A team and would keep our strength of schedule close to what it was with Marshall.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I don't understand why they don't sign contracts that have much stiffer penalties for cancelling a game. We were doing them a favor when the game was scheduled, giving them a chance to play a well recognized school to get some national exposure. We should have made the buyout too much for them to afford so there was no way for them to chicken out.

4. CURT05

CURT05 Freshman

LET'S DO IT RIGHT

LETS SCHEDULE SOMETHING THAT ISNT ANOTHER WIN. HECK WIN LOSE OR DRAW I WOULD RATHER SEE LSU PLAY THE VERY BEST.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

TCU should raise the strength of schedule.

6. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Mabey we can schedule a non conference game in place of Marshall where the team actually went to a bowl game last season.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

What about Boise State? As long as we don't have to go and play on their blue turf im happy.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You mean it wasn't my TV?

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

The turf is blue, they have even had problems that when ducks and other water fowl come back north, they will slam into the turf killing themselves because they think it is water.

Check out www.humanitarianbowl.org

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

And its the reason I NEVER watch the Humanitarian Bowl.