And now we bow to the Chinese.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Krypto, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I hadn't thought about that, what are you trying to do give me nightmares?:insane:

2. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Wolverines!

1 person likes this.
  3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

At second glance it might be the Russians and the Iranians!
    Russia says Iran reactor on track for August launch | Reuters
    A reactor being built by Russia at Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant is scheduled to open in August, the head of Russia's state nuclear corporation said on Wednesday.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This is more about Russia desperately trying to get some cash income for its technology. Iran is paying them $billions from oil wealth to build this light-water reactor not designed for producing weapons-grade plutonium. It is fueled with Russian uranium and spent fuel returns to Russia.

Russia has no wish for Iran to develop nuclear weapons, they are completely within range of Iranian missiles while the US is not. Iran is, has always been, and will always be suspicious of Russia who has long coverted Irans warm-water ports and wouldn't mind controlling its oil fields either. They fear getting too cozy with Russia and despise the godless communists almost as much as the Great Satan.

Russia attempted to invade Iran at the end of WWII but we prevented it mainly because of the threat of the atomic bomb that we had and Russia didn't. Iran has ever since played the US and the Russians off against each other.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I can't speak for China and the Soviets, but we just had a 1 star Gen come up on base and explain the cuts the AirForce and other services are making....

I have worked very hard in my enlistment to get my degree before 2011 and just when I do, they cut the ROTC programs and are dropping 6,000 Airman this year and more to come....

Thanks Dems!!!!!!

:usaflagwa