...and So Goes Charlie Thompson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SEN, Mar 3, 2004.

1. SEN

SEN Founding Member

[​IMG]
    Alas, fair Charlie, we hardly knew ye!

Rare were the moments in my life when I had more fun and enjoyment than in the waning moments of a basketball game when I would see Charlie Thompson get in and shoot. My memories are but snapshots in time; Charlie giving Torris Bright a break and fighting valiently against the Arizona Wildcats in Tempe in December, 2000. And that one time he passed the ball to Maravich early this season so Josh could take a shot in the house named for his father...Charlie won't be the all Time Assists leader in LSU history, but he'll always be in our hearts, his value never forgotten to the Purple and Gold Faithful.

Sitting on the bench behind Bright and Whipple, and a bunch of other guys, Charlie flourished. When coach called a time out Charlie was the first one there to high five Tiger Greats like Ronald Dupree and Collis Temple III. Charlie was always the guy who would find the hole in the time-out huddle circle and fill it, ensuring the other team wasn't spying while coach Brady designed a...attempted to design a game winning play.

How will I remember Charlie Thompson? There, on the bench, doing what he did best. So go one to bigger and better things, but don't ever forget that you're welcome back at the PMAC any time, to sit down and watch the game, and relive your glory days.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Ditto -

Thank you Charlie for choosing LSU, thank you for the example you set in the class room, thank you for being such a class act and thank you for being a fine representative of LSU and LSU Athletics for a long, long time to come. THANK YOU!

3. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

I do applaud him

Charlie stuck around when things didn't go his way. He could have got playing time at McNeese State in his hometown, but chose to be a Tiger.

I commend him!

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Every team needs someone to waive the towel to rally the fans and the team. Charlie did what he could to make the team better - no matter if that was playing hard at practice and not complaining about playing time or encouraging players players to play their best during the game.

Go Charlie!

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I never had the basketball talent to even sit on the bench at LSU, but I would have been proud to put on the purple and gold sit on the bench and cheer the players getting PT. Thanks for sticking around during some trying times and good luck in the future.:geaux: :lsug: :D

6. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Thanks Charlie,

You are a believer likes many of us LSU fan. Good luck to your endeavor.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Lighten up Francis....

8. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Sorry my friend. This thread is dedicated to someone who spends his entire carreer at LSU. He is a model citizen and a class act. Charlie is a silent trooper who contributes to LSU program on the court and in the class room.

I wish that my kid is modeling after him.

9. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

Chill bumps...GREAT post....

10. timmyt

timmyt Founding Member

Im with you Fightentiger , reads like he's takin a shot to me.