...and So Goes Charlie Thompson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SEN, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Are you with us? I guess not.

LSU fan like you is at the rock bottom of the food chain. Charlie will do fine when he is done with HIS STUDY.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Who cares if he's taking a shot - the rest of us are taking our shot to thank Charlie for his time well spent at LSU...

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Well said - you are brimming with wit and exciting thoughts

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ditto

5. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

There has been much discussion of late about Brady's recruiting players that lack class. Well, here's one that has a bunch. Thanks, Charlie, best wishes and good luck in the future.

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Charlie is one of the nicest people I've ever met. People now always talk about how all the athletes now are worried about money and fame. Charlie isn't even close to this. He is what LSU is all about. Good luck Charlie.

7. SEN

SEN Founding Member

The post is several things.

1 - the post was written as an homage to CT. He's most definately a fan favorite as evidenced by fans calling for him to take shots at the end of the gamenot just last night, but in games going back to the NIT season. He's been a fan favorite since he was a Frosh/Soph.

2 - the post is also written to underscore how young this team is. There's one Senior and he hardly plays.

3 - yes, I said CT's glory days are sitting on the bench and filling in timeout holes, but hell, my glory days at LSU were in the stands, and no one knows who I am. I've been on the floor of the PMAC 3 times. During Frosh Orientation, after LSU beat Zona in 2000 and after the Women Beat UT in 1999.

Charlie gets straight As and dedicated his playing career to the better good of LSU basketball.