and the economy sucks.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

That article was full of liberal mumbo jumbo. Then I realized it was the San Francisco Gate. Could you pick something a little more objective???? I know you have to get these kinds of views from liberals but from the San Francisco Gate that is just to easy to blow off as Democratic propaganda.

As for the economy. I do not think the numbers below would indicate that it sucks.

Reported Thursday 08-28.

3. dallastigers

I forgot liberals do not know anything about economics. Do you really need a link to verify GDP numbers? That is sad.

Reuters

BEA

Foxnews

USAtoday

and from AP
    "Economists said President Bush's third tax cut, which lowered federal tax withholdings, boosted peoples' take-home pay and provided some Americans with child tax-credit checks, was a factor in the increase in consumer spending in July.

"The fingerprints of the president's tax cut package were all over this report," said Richard Yamarone, economist with Argus Research Corp. "When more money is placed in the hands of consumers, they will spend more.""

AP link

4. dallastigers

That sucks. but my point was really that the GDP information should not have really been news to anyone here. I would think everyone here would pay attention to stuff like that.

Look at Clinton's last two quarters on this graph from the USAtoday site.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now its 5 links plus a graph from DallasTiger with no response from Biggles. Does that give DT 6 half Tuwho points?

Cue up the music from Dueling Banjos

6. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

7. dallastigers

Three of your links had to be from local news. Biggles going to local news is to easy. I am surprised you just did not get something from the gate again. Besides everyone knows the labor market is one of the last things that comes around. If that is all you liberals got Bush is a shoe in to win in 2004!!!!

Also your graph links do not seem to work.

8. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Yup....the labor market is the last to come around...

last heard from Poppy....

All those unemployed are voters....

Once again a Bush just doen't get it....

9. dallastigers

Biggles it is called economics. Businesses do not hire at the first sign of growth. They wait until other items show strength as well. The links I posted show that more and more these signs are coming around.
    Also as for your links there were more people laid off but the employment rate dropped slightly per the official report.

10. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Why do people give undue credit, either way, to a president when it comes to the economy?

And honestly . . . what can't you do today, that you could do while Clinton was president? I don't feel less free, or have less money.

Just asking.