and the economy sucks.....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Biggles, Aug 30, 2003.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You can't get a job.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Dean won't get the nomination and if he did he would lose in a landslide to Bush. Dean is too liberal for even the average Democrat. As much as I hate to admit it the only Democrat who would be a serious challenger to Bush would be Billary Clinton. If she is ever elected President May God have Mercy on the United States of America.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSUsupaFan, anybody in America can get a job. You might not have a good chance of getting your dream job right now but depending upon what you are qualified for you can still get a job that will let you pay your bills and support your family. Unlike LSUfan I am making a little bit less money than I was before 9-11.
    Not enough less that I am suffering but enough less that I have to watch my money a bit closer and be less extravagant in my spending. Despite the ranting of the Ultra Left Wingers about the Patriot Act I feel no less free to do anything I have done in the past other than a bit more inconvienience at airports. Thursday will mark the second anniversary of the destruction of the Twin Towers and the murder of almost 3000 innocent victims of the worst attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. Have people already begun to forget the sight of people jumping to their deaths from the buildings to avoid being burned to death? Have people forgotten the TV images of the planes flying into the buildings and the images of the buildings collapsing with thousands of people still trapped inside?

For as long as I live I will never forget:

- Waking up on the morning of September 11, 2001 and seeing the first tower on fire.

- Hearing the report that the Pentagon had been hit by another plane

- Watching live as the second tower was hit by another plane

- Calling my brother who was working out of town and telling him to get his ass home as fast as possible and take his kids home from school.

- Going to the bank and withdrawing a very large sum of cash just in case the banks closed or stopped allowing withdrawals.

- Buying several thousand rounds of ammunition for every gun I own, including a few that the liberal gun grabbing crowd want to classify as "Assault Weapons" and are working night and day to deny us of our second amendment rights to keep and bear arms.

- Being in a state of shock for days watching the tapes of the planes slamming into the Towers, the people falling to their deaths, and the collapes of the Twin Towers. All of these images were shown over and over and over and over.

- Taking comfort and being impressed by the way that President George W. Bush took control of the situation. I voted for Bush over AlGore as the better option between two rich kid sons of multi-millionaire politicians but I wasn't all that impressed with his abilities. Maybe I was right. Maybe if the 9-11 attack had never happened Bush would have been a mediocre president. The events of 9-11 forced Bush to respond. George W. Bush responded to the terrorists attack on America in a way that gave hope to a lot of us who were in a state of despair. He responded with action against the sworn enemies of our way of life. What would Clinton have done if he had still been in office?
    What would AlGore have done? Nobody knows but Thank God that we won't have to find out how they would have reacted the hard way.

So LSUsupaFan, if you don't make quite as much money as you made during the booming economy of the 90's, if you can't afford to eat out quite as often as you did in the past and if you have to wait another year before you can buy that new car you had your eyes on you are still fortunate to be an American who is eating well and enjoying a standard of living that is higher than any other country in the world. You are fortunate that the people in power are doing eveyrthing in their power to track down and eliminate the people who would gladly kill you and your family with no more concern for you and yours than they would concern themselves about stomping on a cockroach. Will there be another horrible terrorist incident on American soil sooner or later? Probably. Are all of us safer and less likely to become victims because to the actions of our president? Most definately YES!

4. LSUsupaFan

What about Wesley Clark.

5. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

First of all thank all of you this has been an outstanding thread...

Secondly there are 2 types of Americans, those who believe Bush and those who don't...

Are we better off than 4 years ago.....?

I don't believe........

6. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

How is this Bush's fault? NO always votes for liberal Democratic leadership. Yet there is always corruption in local government and school boards. The public schools suck (even worse than the rest of LA). The Validictorian at one school could not get above an 11 on the ACT or pass the high school test which is suppossed to test at a 10th grade level. WHo would want to hire anybody from those schools? Yet the school board and mayor office is usually led by liberal democrats. I was born in New Orleans, but thankfully my family got out of there as quickly as possible. There is really no real "net" change from NO under Clinton as compared to it under Bush. It has always been bad.
    As for your crime rate you might want to recheck your figures. Our Dallas police chief just got fired and one of the reasons was that Dallas was the only "Big city" to not have a decrease in overall crime or something in that regards ( I am in Baton Rouge today and do not have time to search for stuff here).
    As for your Dean candidate you are wrong again everybody I have read says that the Democrats fear Dean getting the nomination more than anybody due to the fact that Bush would easily beat Dean as Dean is from the far far left of the party. It would be like Reagan in 84 and Nixon in 72 an easy Republican victory.

7. dallastigers

Re: First of all thank all of you this has been an outstanding thread...

Yes it has been fun
    and
    Yes. The economy had started its downturn before Clinton left office. Also Clinton's policies were in effect for at least the first two quarters of 2001 which were negative growth. Thankfully Bush in-acted a tax cut and a tax rebate to help us out of Clinton's high taxes in the Summer of 2001.
    Take into account the estimated trillion dollar write down of companies' worth from the "false" growth during the 90's(particularly the dot.comers,AOL, Enron, and Worldcom who issues started during Clinton, ..etc), 9-11 , two wars which still have troops in place (Clintons in-action on both Bin Laden and Saddam helped in these), and we still have an economy showing growth since the end of 2001 and showing more and more signs of a full recovery with 14 months to go before the election.
    Our military is stronger and more respected by this administration.
    Also so far there have been no cigars stuck up interns that we know of and no harassment suits against the President. And the Presidential Seal is no longer the president's jism on an intern's dress.

8. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

You are a walking Fox newscast...

Your post is so funny because you actually believe the BS.....

This President needs a blowjob then perhaps the lies will stop.

9. dallastigers

So you are a walking SF Gate article?????

Biggles,
    As usual you revert to no facts and pictures. The funny thing about you is that I do not think you really believe your BS posts here are really factual. You just hate Bush so much that use the forum to try and get you anger out. Why do you hate so much?

I hope this forum stays around as therapy for you until at least 2009, because Bush will be reelected.

10. LSUsupaFan

Ok, I am a graduating senior and when I say that there are no jobs I know what I am saying. Sure I can get an unskilled labor positions somewhere butjobsi n ky area of expertise are slim to none. Not to mention the unemployment rate was higher than its been since the depression and that was before the 700000 layoffs that occured during the past week. There aren't jobs out there. Especially entry level positions.