And Trent Lott's (ex cheeleader) cheer

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Gimme a "R" R!
    Gimme a "A" A!
    Gimme a "C" C!
    Gimme an "I" I!
    Gimme a "S" S!
    Gimme a "T" T!

What's that spell, Trent then yells? RACIST! "Racist, Trent says, and I'm damn proud to be it". Another little indication of Lott's racism is that apparently when he was in a fraternity in college, he was instrumental in keeping blacks out of the fraternity. This is reported by Time Magazine. And elephant men wonder why minorities don't trust their party. LOL!!

2. JD

JD Founding Member

More relevant...

to me is his attempt to secure tax exempt status for the racists at Bob Jones University in the 1980s; of course, the entire Reagan legal team was culpable in that regard and no one seemed to care then or now. And I thought it was deplorable that a presidential candidate would begin his campaign at the home of the last bastion of segregation.
    I don't doubt that he was a racist in college; he also probably isn't now; but it's also probable that he doesn't give a rat's ass about black people and will sell out any principle (not that this is a principle to him) for a ship building project in pascagoula. He's certainly willing to bankrupt the country for that.

3. Biggles

Biggles Founding Member

Ideology is not a flu germ....

His true self is revealed...

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Great post, JD

"I don't doubt that he was a racist in college; he also probably isn't now"

That is true that people can change, and that was decades ago when he was in college. However, I find it amusing that the same words he spoke back in 1980 or 1981 about Strom Thurmond were almost verbatem the same words he just spoke about him the other day. It doesn't take Sigmund Freud to know that he must have some pretty good feelings about those words to keep repeating them.

"but it's also probable that he doesn't give a rat's ass about black people and will sell out any principle (not that this is a principle to him) for a ship building project in pascagoula. He's certainly willing to bankrupt the country for that."

Absolutely true! Funny, how he puts pork above almost anything else. He puts it above justice, helping poor people, balancing the budget, etc. This from a guy who if asked would CLAIM to be a "fiscal conservative".

5. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

Re: More relevant...

If one had free time, lots of it, how would you go about giving a rat's ass about negroes? Is cheering for and being entertained by them enough? I want to be able to clearly separate my support for negroes from other groups. Tips are always welcome.

6. JD

JD Founding Member

Gee, I don't know.
    What do you think - price supports for watermelon farmers; subsidies to tyson farms, etc.?