And You Thought it was Just ESPN. . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_dane, Jan 12, 2011.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

link

Fox Sports

I find it amazing that they would attack Miles' character. He's one of the cleanest coaches out there.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If he went to Michigan he wouldve been the savior genius coach with all the knowledge and recriuting expertise to return um to greatness. Since he's staying at lsu he's a cheating ,dirty dumbasz. That's how they work. Sec/lsu envy.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

lets see...

on the violations, we discovered them, isolated them (kept the coach away from recruits and never played then one recruit), investigated, then corrected the problem by firing the coach and dismissing the player. not how fox makes it seem.

yes, he is bringing in mett, and i have mixed feelings because i dont know the whole story on what he did. but to make it sound like a program of thugs, well, we all know miles has dismissed guys that werent following the rules, and disciplined others.

the oversigning? give me a break. it was one, and on national signing day,m it was none. the one came only after the fact when after national signing day the rules were changed. i guess to many people are buying the hungry hippos story.

f*ck em.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Me neither. All I heard was he grabbed the ass of a Georgia booster. For him to get the boot I hope he at least cupped her kitten.

Anyone questioning Miles' character loses all cred with me. In fact, if I had a kid prone to trouble it's Miles I'd want to coach him though I wouldn't classify one incident- as with this kid- as a "troubled kid".

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

and not a bit of it would have mattered if he had won 11 games for Michigan last year...

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The story is that the sexual battery charge was the result of Mettenberger grabbing the breasts and touching the buttocks of a woman at a bar in Remerton, Ga.

Basically an underage football star got drunk in a bar and fondled a female patron.

One of the things that you learn in transitioning from boy to man is that there are two kinds of flirtatious women in bars . . . those that want to be touched and those that don't. The trick is that you have to read their minds, because they all give mixed signals at first. It's one of the many odd female "tests".

The mark of passage is to have the patience to keep your hands off until you get the unmistakeable green light. If a woman is interested in you, she will find a way to let you know. The sign of maturity is the ability to recognize the unmistakable the green light. Even amidst the coy "Miss Scarlet" teases and even under the influence of demon alcohol.

Mettenberger learned a lesson the hard way, as many do, but he was high-profile and paid a larger price.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and if he had been any other college kid, he would have had the shyt knocked out of him by the woman and no one ever would have known his name.

if that is all it was, take him and hope he isnt an rp that didnt learn his lesson.

i guess he should have just stolen a laptop and all would have been good.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Okie gave me that look but I maturely resisted.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Give Cam some credit. He at least had the presence of mind to throw it out the window when the cops came calling. :rofl:

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

So in other words, he misread the defense and got sacked.

3 people like this.