Ann Coulter

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Robidoux87, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Could someone with an understanding of and a proclaimed devotion to the teachings of Christianity really spew such hateful and divisive things?

Discuss.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think she is on hannity tonight arguing with an opposing loon.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Coulter is like Limbaugh. She spouts controversy with tongue planted firmly in cheek, then sits back and smiles at the ensuing chaos...and publicity.

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

As much as I don't like Rush, associating those two is still not fair to him. Rush at least has some idea of what he's talking about. Coulter, on the other hand, usually just spouts off what she wishes were the truth ('truthiness') to get attention because she lacks the capacity to gain notoriety by 'legitimate' means.

On another note, I was having the discussion earlier today about how I don't buy the whole 'any publicity is good publicity bit.' Maybe some people do, but I prefer my dignity.

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

We missed you over here in the alley Chaos.

Anyway, I like to read Coulter but just because I think she's funny . . . much like i read Al Franken. They are both just blowhards who spout off things without thinking.

6. Contained Chaos

Thanks, man!:)

I can dig it, the entertainment aspect and whatnot. I just don't think I could stomach it long enough to muster up a chuckle. I guess it's just one of my character flaws. I'd throw the book at the wall or something. And I guess part of me feels like I'm only perpetuating the attention-whoring by even giving it the time of day.

7. Contained Chaos

Henry Rollins types a letter to Coulter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7MR5_v47w

I caught a couple of Randi Rhodes' shows on Air America recently. I usually refrain from political radio altogether, but I have heard plenty of conservative talk, so I was curious as to what liberal talk-radio was like. Damn, that chick needs a new schtick. I mean, I dislike Bush's policies as much as anyone else, but bashing him is literally the only thing she does the entire time she's on the air. There was nothing constructive, no ideas, only preaching to the masses that already despise Bush about why he's so terrible.

I also checked out some of Franken's broadcasts. And at least his shows had some sort of a point, and were at times humorous. His guest spots were decent, and perhaps that had something to do with the fact that it wasn't just him talking.

I really don't understand people that can tolerate political radio. It's either the huffing and puffing about why liberals are destroying America from the right (despite the fact that they actually have control), or the whining from the left. Thing is, the only people that tune in are the ones who already agree with the host (generally; the really smart ones listen to the opposition). But, I guess people tend to gravitate towards the outlet that reinforces their ideals.

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I refuse to buy the books, I just check them out from middleton. I'm way too cheap to buy something I can get for free.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Coulter rules! :thumb:

Rhodes sucks! :mad:

Is that constructive enough Chaos?

10. Contained Chaos

You sound just like Rhodes.