Another chance for an unbeaten to lose

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by eric d, Oct 21, 2002.

1. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Georgia is going to a tough Kentucky team, and will have to do it without Musa Smith and Fred Gibson. Looks like the Tigers might be able to move up again. LSU is now #10 in both polls, and sitting very pretty should they win out the rest of the season.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Pull for Georgia?

I think it will be tough to win out all of our games so I'm kind of pulling for Georgia to stay undefeated. Even if we aren't in the national championship picture, it would make the SEC championship that much bigger. Let the nation have a good reason to see us REPEAT against an undefeated, national championship bound team. Best case scenario of course is winner of LSU/UGA goes to the championship game. Kentucky could very well beat them though. I think we learned just recently that you can't ever overlook an SEC opponent (except Vandy) although the 7-6 game was scary.

3. whaleofacock

whaleofacock Founding Member

lsu99 I hear what you are saying, but there is no way UGA goes undefeated. Especially now without Musa or Gibson. But then again I thought they should have lost to Ala. :rolleyes:

4. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

lsu99, I just don't see this coaching staff allowing this team to overlook ANY remaining opponent. It is too early to make predicitons on the rest of our games, but I would be very surprised to see our team play any remaining game like they did the Ole Miss game last year. Saban & Co. will see to it that they stay on a somewhat even keel -- not too high, but not too low.

Your point about that Vandy game brings up the biggest difference between Dinardo's teams and Saban's teams of late -- consistency. Remember, we squeaked by Vandy in Nashville, a game in which we lost Cecil Collings for good, then we come home to beat #1 Florida the next week, then lose the following week to Ole Miss. It was a roller coaster then, and we should have seen the wheels coming off with those early signs. The current team under Saban is much more business-like, and I doubt we see a return of the roller coaster ride under this staff.