Another day, another bombshell. Putin offers a tape of the Oval Office meeting to Congress

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 17, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@Tiger in NC you and other always said there were too many HRC/Obama threads. Well it looks like ole @Rex is trying to top 8 years worth in the first 3 months.
    That being said the special counsel could actually be a blessing for Trump. It will force the democrats to lay lower and reduce their shrill tones for a while. It will or should focus the congressional republicans to accomplish something positive before the roof caves in. It will also allow/force Trump to focus on the job of at least appearing presidential and do his job. At least that is what should happen till Mueller comes to a conclusion.
    What are the odds of any of the 3 groups doing the smart thing? I think Trump is a sure bet to fuck it up and waste the opportunity. He's just not capable of getting out of his own way. I think it's less than even odds the democrats can silence their crazies. Didn't one of them get on the house floor and call for impeachment after the special counsel was named? The best chance and it's a long shot too is that the republicans facing disaster find the focus of the hangman's noose around their neck.
    Really if there were impeachable acts the democrats would be best served by letting Trump hang himself and the republicans would be best served by leading the way. They'd still lose the majority but the core would be salvageable.
    Trump really has little to lose as I think he's screwed himself....not by what we know now but by what turns up. It'll be interesting to see if he folds or goes down kicking and screaming.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I am one of those persons who said that and there were too many Hillary threads. Hillary farted, Hillary ate some soup, Hillary wears pant suits, Hillary this, Hillary that. There are too many Trump ones too. Just merge em all for fucks sake.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I gotta tell ya @Winston1, Trump provides ample fodder for new threads. Especially over the past two weeks, it's like a new bombshell story drops daily. I agree that this should hopefully allow the Congress and WH to get back to legislating and talking about tax reform and infrastructure. I also agree that Trump will fuck it up and it's because he simply cannot help himself. The Democrats do indeed need to stop setting off signal flairs.....the WH is doing plenty of that all by themselves.
    All of this being said and agreed upon, you have to admit the irony of all of this is hilarious. Flynn is the one who started the "Lock her up!" chant and he is currently holding the title of Most Likely to be Imprisoned. Trump professed, daily, that he was the toughest negotiator and he was going to get tough with this crowd and this country and this something else and now it turns out that he is the biggest snowflake of them all. Van Jones said exactly the same thing on CNN the other night during a discussion. Some days it feels like Trump and his associates have actually morphed into the very thing they swore to protect us from with a Clinton presidency.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So you do listen to Van Jones. Very objective.

5. Tiger in NC

CNN has their panels which always include an equal number of both sides. Van Jones is actually a very smart guy and had high praise for Trump after his address to congress. Further, it doesn't matter who you listen to as long as you are capable of critical thought without influence from others. I also watch Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly.....well, I used to watch O'Reilly. Get over it.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Do you feel your white guilt as well from the Whitewash of the election?

tirk likes this.
  7. Tiger in NC

what in the fuck are you talking about? do we need to see to it that you get a bed next to Kikicaca in the mental ward? hit your head? I've told you over and over to leave the God Damned helmet on......even when your sleeping, dude. It get's dangerous being a "nut job."

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Your boy Van Jones, who you cited:

"This was a white-lash against a changing country,” he said. "It was a white-lash against a black president in part, and that's the part where the pain comes. And Donald Trump has a responsibility tonight to come out and reassure people that he is going to be the president of all the people who he insulted and offended and brushed aside."

9. Tiger in NC

So? Who cares? It's completely unrelated. Van Jones called Trump a snowflake. I called Trump a snowflake. Trump is a fucking snowflake. I have no white guilt.....whatever the hell that is supposed to mean.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Then how comes your favorite song is Dirty White Boy