Another Good Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bandit88, Jan 28, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

If we finish with an undisputed Top 10 recruiting class, there is no doubt that is excellent. I see the people saying "very good," "good," "average," yada, yada... but if we finish undisputed Top 10, that is excellent. But I'll wait until NSD to see how we finish. CParso just said we lost Ware, for ex... and that will hurt us.

2. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

since i usually can't tell when you're joking, i'll assume you aren't.

ware has not decommitted.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Thank you Jesus-Saban, thank you Jesus-Saban!!!!!! I hope this holds up until NSD!!!! The guy is from Ohio and has no business signing here. I view him as a long-shot.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I know you are new to recruiting but this is a ridiculous statement.

Ware appears to be very solid and reaffirmed his pledge last weekend on campus. He and his baseball teammate are both coming down to LSU together and Ware could play baseball as well.

For reference, OSU will only get 2 out of the top 10 prospects in the state of Ohio this year.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Yeah "appears to be" but we will find out on NSD how solid he really is. And that would be EPIC if Ware played baseball for us as well. What position might he be on our baseball team?

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I dont care how anyone wants to paint its not good to lose out on so many commits. Plus losing out on the top in state talent, as well as Lache. Both Trovon and Lache were said to be pretty much almost as good as locks. Yet both were lost.

This is a solid class but no real star power. I think we have a lot of special teams players and some possible starters.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Oh, really? I am sure your professional insight will looked backed upon years from now as truly remarkable. People will say some random dude on TigerForums predicted that most of the recruits for the 2010 football class would be relegated to special teams for 4 straight years and, lordy, he was right! What a waste of a class. No real contributors.

Get real. These guys are top notch football players, most of which will be starters at some point and will contribute significantly to the team. I read CParso's post, too, and I agree that we missed out on a few "playmakers" so far, and maybe the cards did not fall properly to fill ideal needs, but not every year will be perfect. Once our offense improves, and we have some success that carries over to improved respect for the coaches and team, and less coaching turnover, you will see these playmakers committing to us again. College football success is cyclical, both on the field and off. Just stay patient and have confidence.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Just for the record this class has turned out slightly better than I predicted in terms of rankings. I said anywhere from 9th-12th. We could end up in that slot somewhere, however.

Down year in LA but I really like Ware, Gore, and Maclin from OOS.

Wish we had a few less position changes from HS to college especially on the OL. OL prospects across the country has not had as much depth in past classes IMO. DT recruiting has been a little down as well but if we land Copeland I will be happy because we have some nice DT and DE in the 2011 class. LA is deep in DL and OL next year which is a very good thing.

WR recruiting has been all over the map but if we land Fobbs and Kadron to go along Wright is nothing to be upset about. Wright is the best true LA WR in this class IMO.

I could go on and on but I will stop here.:)

9. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

With all due respect, I think a few needs got filled very well. Three very good-to-great RB prospects, a couple of very good OLs, a couple of very good DBs, and a QB who is probably underrated because I bet lots of folks thought he was a shoe-in for the MLB draft.

I agree with you on DL, though. Not as much to work with there as in previous years. At least, not at first glance. And we'll see how the LBers fare. I'm starting to get antsy about our LB recruiting.

On the playmaker side, I mostly agree except that I think Gore will be special and Wright has potential as well.

So, "okay" is certainly fair, but I guess I disagree.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im not saying theres anything wrong. Its a solid class overall. Im not at all worried. I know you wont get a monster class every year. We had a great class last year and next year will have an exceptional in state year. So if we can just pick up a few kids out of state it should be another monster year.

No matter how much talent we have this year, last or next the key is to get back to coaching up the talent. Something we havent seen the last two years. If we get back to that this class could have some solid contributors.