Another Good Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bandit88, Jan 28, 2010.

1. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Good points, specifically DT and QB were not addressed in this class. We need someone behind Lee in case he doesn't make it on campus and JL possibly transferring. That leave CG and JJ as our QBs. Not bright if JJ goes down. We need to develop at least 2 QBs behind JJ. I hope JL stays.

DT is another concern...we're really thin.

However, I disagree at playmakers. We did lose some amazing guys but if we land Wright, Fobbs and Boone, I'd say that is a good haul. Also, I've been saying it since he committed...Ware is our best prospect with(then) Hunter/Davis. Simon looks special as well if he can get his head together in the books.

I also feel Wright completely nullifies one of the losses of Davis/Hunter as he is one of the more underrated recruits from the recruiting services. He was easily the best WR this year.

We'll get Landry, Lewis and Sylve will be our speed demon next year.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, this stance is a lot more rational than your comments above about this class being mostly special teamers. I agree with this post, and get your comments about coaching up the talent. It's going to happen; CLM is going to right the problems, I believe. It may take another year to weed out CGC, or perhaps, CGC learns from his mistakes and improves, but either way I think CLMs job hinges on improving our offense and he will get it done.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Sorry, I said we lost our top 3 playmakers, but I meant 3 of our top playmakers. Marsh & Davis hurt the most due to need at their positions.

We have one DT committed, who's an unknown with grade-issues, and we desperately need DT's. We may end up with 1 more decent one but nothing too impressive.

RB is only a need because it wasn't addressed last year when it should have been. I don't consider signing 3 RB's in back to back classes (this year & next) to be good need-management.

There's an easy opportunity for a true freshman WR to step in & play immediately as we have a real need there. We lost 2 of the best in the country, we screwed up with another one (La's top prospect), and currently only have Wright who's not even that solid. Plus I don't think we get Fobbs.

Now, there are some good players. I expect several of these guys to have very good careers, but the only potential 1st round pick that I see is Ware. And let's face it, Miles loves the hard-nosed kids but he wins because of the 1st round talent & playmakers.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Wright looks pretty damn solid to me this year and last but to each their own. Out of Hunter, Fobbs, Davis, and Wright. I would say only Wright and Davis would have a shot at playing as a freshman. Davis has sick skills and Wright is the most physically ready to come in the Spring and compete for a chance to play. Hunter was skin and bones and needs a year or two in the weight program IMO. Reed would of had a shot too at the slot but I see Shep in that role next year along with his usual QB run plays and a little RB sprinkled in.

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I get what you're saying, but I think Lee is very good, JJ will have a solid Jr year, and JL is a very good backup QB (not great, but very good). And then CG is quite possibly the best pure QB on the team right now. We'll have to see what he looks like in the Spring Game.

If we only take one mediocre QB next recruiting class, I will agree that the need wasn't addressed then. But we don't have room for another scholarship QB on the roster after ZL IMO.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Barrett Bailey could be getting a scholarship based on his performance in the Spring and practices throughout the year. So look out for him, he could be a good one. He passed on some offers to walk-on from U-high and he is built like Garrett or slightly bigger.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

That's perfect. A guy who might be a diamond in the rough walks on. Can't ask for much better than that. Totally forgot about Bailey.