Another marsh trip...

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by Fishhead, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Same place as last Friday...wadda temps up literally 10 degrees! My brother and I again...nothing special to add...here's some pics...just for KyleK! Taking the boys tomorrow...should be fun. Hope the weather cooperates.
    -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

How do you cook your Reds ?

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

9 times out of 10, on the half shell...on the grill. Season 'em up after basting with butter. I use garlic powder, lemon pepper, onion powder, and some cajun seasoning. I also add lemon juice to the melted butter. The thin meat at the tail, I cut off about 6 inches and use those pieces to fry with any trout I have. That part tends to get overcooked if you leave it on there with the thick front and mid section.
    -
    I got a charcoal grill for Christmas, and lately, I've been putting the charcoal on one side and the filets on the other. This grill has a smoker stack and vent system, and this lets me give them some smoky flavor. I get the charcoal going, (using hickory charcoal), and add hickory chips to them as needed to regulate the temp. I will likely grill some tomorrow, and may add a photo or two to show what I'm talking about. I was worried the smoke flavor may be too strong with fish, but actually, they are fantastic this way.

1 person likes this.
  4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

-

I'm on a slower than dialup connection while we are on vacation, but it was worth the wait. Thanks FH! I don't know if you heard but we are moving back home. We're house hunting on the Northshore right now. Hopefully I can be chasing a few of those reds real soon. Keep the pics coming, it helps w/ the homesickness.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I read that a while back...congrats, I suppose. I KNOW you're looking forward to the fishing!

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I can't wait to get home and get back to fishing! Thanks for keeping my supplied w/ pics.

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

was supposes to take wife and kids today, but the wind is whipping at around 15-20 mph this morning.

hopefully tomorrow will be better.

don't forget, if you ever find yourself in this part of the world, and need a wingman, give me a call.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Absolutely...and I agree the wind is too ridiculous today.