Another out of control cop in McKinney, TX

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Jun 7, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I quite agree. But I do think that citizens have a responsibility to treat officers with civility, if not respect. The girl should not have sassed the officer who should not have taken her down by force.

Todays news is the guy who video showed sitting on a curb and getting kicked by a couple of officers. What the video didn't show was the same guy drunk as a skunk in the bar manhandling a woman. He later resisted arrest, wrestled on the ground with an officer, punched him in the face, and took off running before his drunkenness left him sitting on that curb. You punch a cop and you are going to face a cop with a bad attitude. Like Chris Rock said, "If you make the police run after you, they are bringing an ass-whipping with them".

TwistedTiger likes this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I agree, but sassing and punching an officer in the face are quite different.
    If you touch or hit an officer something bad is going to happpen and its warranted.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Isn't it fair to say that sometimes people just have a bad day? Including civilians. Cops should treat people with respect too, at least at first.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

I've crossed good ones and bad ones. The bad ones have always been white and Latino males. The good ones have been white females and black males.

Now that's just in my personal experience.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This was from the same article I posted earlier....
    "Pamela Meanes, president of the Washington, D.C.-based National Bar Association, the nation's oldest association of predominantly black lawyers and judges....acknowledged teens at the pool should have done more to comply with police orders.

"I think it's a good opportunity for America to have a conversation about mutual respect," she said.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

And yet recent events along the shooting and killing variety have black and black female cops involved and out here in LA, there's a situation where a Latino and Asian cop are involved. I try not to cross any of them, lol.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

Don't get me wrong I'm by no means saying my experiences are the "rule" or the "exception"

LSUDad likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed. The New Orleans cop that held up a convenience store in uniform and killed another cop was a black female. Police misconduct is usually about power tripping. All races, ethnicities, and genders get caught up in it.

LSUMASTERMIND and LSUDad like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There are plenty of asshole black cops as well as asshole white cops and asshole Latino cops.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree but I think the difference here is the female vacating the scene for the cop to assess what is going on- at least in his mind. He can't speak to the kids apprehended with some girls screaming. Ironically, his screaming contributed to hers. Regardless, she needed to clear out and address any concerns she had through the appropriate means.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.