Another out of control cop in McKinney, TX

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Jun 7, 2015.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'll weigh in on this McKinney mess. This neighborhood is probably about 10 minutes from my house.

First of all, my daughters watched the 7 minute video and were really upset while watching how all of the teens in the video were treated. The cursing and the excessive force were rather shocking.

Living so close to the incident, many, many residents of Craig Ranch have posted their accounts on social media. It's hard to tell what's bullshit and what isn't--from both sides. Apparently, there is a kid from Plano West Senior High who calls himself DJ Reign. He and his friends post invitations on twitter and other social media, inviting teens to pool parties.

According to reports I've read, DJ Reign (who is a white kid) and his friends put together these pool parties without getting permission to hold them. He charges $15 admission to the boys and lets the girls in free. The neighborhood pools are not public pools; even the public pools around here wouldn't allow a group of teens to come in and have a party with their alcohol and weed, so there's that...

So, the date of this pool party invitation was Friday, June 5th, which was also the last day of school for the districts up here. The Craig Ranch pool was hosting many families with young children that afternoon/early evening. Something happened at the pool party. Most reports are that a security guard, employed by the Home Owners Association, was turning away party-goers who did not have an ID card that would open the gate to the pool. The card would allow a resident to bring in two guests.

It appears that carloads of kids were getting dropped off at the pool and were upset that they were being turned away. A mom did get into a fight with a 19-year-old girl, who is supposedly one of DJ Reign's promoters. The mom looks to have behaved just as badly as the girl; however, the parents present said there was lots of profanity and other nonsense they didn't want their kids around.

That's not to say that it was all racially motivated by the residents. People who live in the community say that it's racially diverse. I would imagine that it is; this whole area is very diverse with whites being a majority, but more like a 60% (in my neighborhood, at least 40% of the residents are Asian.)

In short, parents of young kids don't want their kids exposed to a teen pool party. I have a high schooler, and I wouldn't have dropped her off at a DJ Reign party, either.

That being said, the kids were dispersing, and it probably would've been better for all involved to have let the kids scatter (like the police would allow when I was in college and police would break up parties--they just wanted the big groups to leave.) The black boys on the curb seemed like good kids, and the girl who was manhandled mouthed off. She shouldn't have, but to be tossed around like a rag doll and dragged across a sidewalk?

The cops were only talking to the black kids. Why?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So this kid is basically throwing underground raves at complex pools and charging 15 a head? Interesting. I bet if those police would have actually done police work they may have found some narcotics there.

LSUDad and shane0911 like this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The cop arrested a white girl at the scene, that wasnt caught on camera and I believe that account. Media didnt report it, thats why I believe this guy just had a stressful day and his emotions got the best of him. not that he needs it, but im giving him the benefit of the doubt.

mobius481, red55 and LSUDad like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

But the barrel roll dude

mobius481, StaceyO and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

White is a minority in my Frisco neighborhood, 2 miles away from Craig Ranch. My daughter is one of 3 white people in her class. A Hindu priest blessed this area some years ago and declared it New India, from what it seems.

That exact same incident would have taken place in my neighborhood. There are too many new (young) families living here and the pool is a place for young kids and parents not douche bag middle schooler DJ parties.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Effects of deseg. :D

Founded in the early 1900's, Texaco...wow, what an omen. They only missed it by one letter.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I know DJ Reign is going to be bashed in this thread but I have to admire the entreprenuial spirit of the kid.

mobius481 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

Depends on what his setup is.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sounds pretty simple. He gets access to a pool he doesn't own for free or a small fee. Lets girls in free so lots of boys are going to pay the $15. Probably has a good portable music setup. Maybe sells food an even booze. If he isn't the one dealing the drugs he probaly controls who can sell them at his parties for a cut. There was an episode on The Soprano's where young A.J. Soprano was doing something like that.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's probably something like this. Two of my middle school students from last year owned and operated DJ equipment, both dreaming of becoming music producers. I'll let you know if one of them starts up a business like DJ Reign. Remember the stage name "Stuck in a Record." I think he has a chance!