Another out of control cop in McKinney, TX

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Jun 7, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even in the 90's when you were younger?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I use to go to the Warehouse in New Orleans in the 70's. I'm not sure but I think there was some air conditioning. I don't remember being overly hot but maybe the shows I went to were all in cooler months. If I had sweated like a pig every time I went there I wouldn't have gone back.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Speaking from personal experience, summers were NOT cooler in Dallas in the 90's. The summer of '98 was second only to the hellish summer of '11.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm sure they weren't. People who would willing go to any event inside an unairconditioned warehouse in the summer in the south have done way too many drugs and have very few brain cells left.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like with most physically draining activities, 20-something year olds recover much much more quickly than us old farts. I would have partied all night in the fires of Hell chasing poon back in "the good old days". An un-air conditioned warehouse in the middle of July would have been childs play back then, drugs or not(more likely yes than not in those days I must confess). These days I get pissed when the AC lets the temp get higher than 72 and I've learned that poon is now available IN the AC. However I cannot and do not want to forget the craziness of my youth. I would have been there pumpin and humpin(at least trying) in Dallas middle of summer. Although I'm not sure if LaSalle would have let honkey in.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Growing up in a era of mostly un-airconditioned schools, churches, dormatories, and homes, I can say that it didn't seem like a very big deal before the AC came. But once you get used to it . . . you lose tolerance for fairly mild heat and humidity very quickly.

Tiger in NC, Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LaSalle would have let you in. I would think most people at his parties were white. Black people don't like techno music.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have never been to a rave so let me see if I have this right:

A rave is held in some dingy warehouse. Everybody there is guilty of trespassing on private property and the promoters are guilty of breaking and entering. People do drugs, the drug of choice being exstacy. The look to hook up with the opposite or same sex while listening to techno music and dancing.

In the disco era people went to clubs that had electricity and air conditioning but it could still be hot because of the lights and masses of people. They took drugs, the drugs of choice being cocaine and qualudes. They looked to hook up with the opposite sex while listening to disco music and dancing.

A concert is held in either an indoor or outdoor venue. People take drugs, the drugs of choice being pot, cocaine, beer and liquor and even some that still do LSD. There is not much hooking up but some goes on. People listen to either rock 'n roll or country music. There will always be a few people dancing but not most.