Another reason to hate California

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Feb 21, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

So says the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church...........

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Then where would all the illegal aliens work?

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

The death penalty itself is and has always been proven to be a deterrent. Not the way we use it in the US but the death penalty is quite a deterrent in other countries.

And to me anyway, the purpose of the death penalty is not to be a deterrent. It's punishment. I don't care of someone learns something from a criminal's death. The criminal should die because he was sentenced to die for his crimes. Case Closed.

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

The 9th circuit court judge knew exactly what he was doing when he made this ruling. It was to stop the executions..........so he got his wish.

Point is, DR.'s kill people all the time. Abortions, assisted suicides, killing of terminal ill patients. Finally, a DR. with a heart and it's to not kill a killer. Makes perfect sense.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

so, my friend.......if you mother or sister was brutally raped and murdered you would want the person who did it to have a life in prison with some hard labor, but for the most part TV, air conditioned and heated cells, access to libraries and computer facilities, etc?

Not me, lethal injection is too kind......bastards should hang or be sent to the electric chair.

and that is from a Catholic.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am drooping my head in disappointment with humanity, when two people who both claim to be catholic cant even get their story straight on a simple topic like whether capital punishment is justified. humankind truly is a wasteland of miserable worthless ****. we should pray the world ends so we can stop the embarassment.

i favor killing bad guys because it makes me feel good when they get what they deserve. if it is a deterrent, thats nice too.

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

that is for another topic all together, but I disagree with quite a bit of what the Catholic church wishes, but I am my own person capable of making my own decisions.

sorry you have a drooping problem.:rofl:

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

good response, i went a little nuts there. sorry about that. i like to drop absurdly overcritical bombs from time to time.

anyways i agree with you about the death penalty. lik ei said before, killing bad guys is good. even if for no other reason than that is one less scoundrel on earth.

9. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

One thing I will give Islam (and other non-Muslim countries) is the way they handle crime and punishment. The punishment should fit the crime. In the U.S., people are so worried about political correctness and the welfare of criminals. They're criminals, for pete's sake. Why should they deserve the same liberties as law-abiding citizens? In this country, it is too easy to get away with murder (pun intended) and other crimes, which is why we crime levels stays up. There are always ways to strike evidence, come up with alibis, anything to keep the criminal from getting in trouble.

If you murder someone, why should you be given the right to live, when you didn't give your victim that right? A life's worth of hard labor does nothing to make up for intentionally taking away another human being's life, in my opinion.

Things in this country are getting bad when we are worrying about the rights and welfare of criminals. I'll bet that if we had stricter punishments for crimes, like other countries do (and we actually enforced them), we would see a drop in crime.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

So you think having your hand cut off for vandalism is appropriate?