Another reason to hate California

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Feb 21, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

For muslims, yes.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:hihi:

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am a cultural relativist. if cutting off hands works for them, go for it.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Sure, why not? Vandalism is a stupid prank, anyway.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

dishonest post. you favor all killing...

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

lets assume i i favor all killing. i just told you i favor killing bad guys. that doesnt mean i would stop there. not dishonest. use your head.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

not an assumption, you've stated as much multiple times.

A post about favoring the killing of bad guys might otherwise draw approval from others who would not echo your stance on all killing.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

none of that makes me dishonest.

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

The hardest thing i struggle with is the forgiveness of sins like murder for no reason and the impact it has on the victims families.

Until i am able to come to grips with this i am in favor of the death penalty for unwarranted crimes against humanity.

Even though my religion tells me to forgive it is something i struggle with.

I guess i am a sinner myself and live everyday knowing that ultimately it is God that will sort through what is right.

I have a question though?

Can you forgive someone for their crime and still want them to pay for it?

I try to be a good person and Abortion and death penalty , Homosexuality acceptance , these are all things that i struggle with .

I have never had or been involved in an abortion. I have never been faced with the death penalty for or against a family member and none of my family that i know are gay.

Both sides of these arguments can be explained .

Maybe that makes me a bad Christian but all i know is i believe Jesus died for all our forgiveness and i am a sinner who needs it . Even though some of my sins may not be hurtfull to others they are still sins and i am glad that i can have forgiveness for myself.

So no matter who you are if before you die you are right with God isnt that what matters?

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats an admirably honest post.

as far as forgiveness, i think it sort of a false concept. i never forgive anyone for anything. it is always in the back of my mind if you screwed me over somehow. you should have thought about whatever it is before you did it.

i think forgiveness is mostly a thing we like to say , because it is awkward if everyone knows there is some issue causing troubles. so you pretend there was forgiveness. but then you just mentally move the person up a notch on the resentment meter and if they keep actin a fool you ditch em altogether. forgiveness is for chumps.

i dont have any problems with never forgiving criminals. the only solution to crime is punishment, and lots of it. and never do less to them than the crime they comitted. killers get killed, it is simple.