Another reason to hate California

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Feb 21, 2006.

1. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Yes, if person killed someone I loved, I could personally forgive them and hope they come to grips with what they did and repent.....for their sake.

But I don't think forgiveness from me has anything to do with his earthly punishment. He has been sentenced to death.

Personally though, I think we are all going to hell for abortions and the killing of the sick and elderly. How I think we're all going down for that is, as a country we support the killing of the innocent, the unborn and the sick.

If there is anything more evil than that, I can't find it.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I believe life should not be tampered with from conception until natural death.

I am not completely opposed to the death penalty. If there were no other means to protect society from an admitted murderer then there is little choice in the matter. The fact is we have means to punish people for the rest of their lives and keep society safe from them. There is absolutely no reason for us to have a death penalty.

Also justice in this country is not equitable in capital cases. Rich people who can afford better defense attorneys are much less likely to be found guilty in a capital case than a poor guy with a pblic defender.

I do think conditions in many prisons are too plush. Murderers should be underground and using ballpene hammers to make boulders into gravel. They should only be given exactly what they need to not die. They should never see the sun. That is very harsh by today's standards, but if a convicted murderer is exonerated you can correct a life sentance. You cannot correct a lethal injection.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Of course there is! For retribution - it's the Christian way.

I agree that this is a serious problem.

BS! You tell me that had you spent 50 years of a life sentence in jail for a crime you didn't commit but were released, that you would feel all had been corrected. Neither mistake can truly be corrected, so I never pay much attention to this argument.