Another Scholarship Opening

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUTiga, May 5, 2008.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sophomore offensive guard Matt Allen will be transferring (Rumored to aTm). Miles granted him a release. Sit out one year and have two years left to play.

With RP's and now Allen's we have two more to play with. Isl, ya got two more five stars fa me?? :wink:

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Heard Allen is going to Stephen F. Austin.

Also Holmes is transferring as well. But our estimates of 20-23 recruits this year already estimated the attrition expected this year.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yeah but not everyone estimated 20-23. If I remember correctly, we only had like 13 for certain...and I personally expected us to take between 18-20. Now that 20-23 makes me giddy...giddy, I tell ya'!

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

True, I was thinking 18 but Isl was adamant about 20-23- I gotta give him a lil props here (Dam that stings :lol: ). Good call issy and others.

Thanks Skylar, I wasn't aware of Holmes. :thumb:

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I thought Allen was doing well and getting some playing time?

6. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I'm giddy too!, but we need to calm down before we hurt ourselves!!!
    With most of our current commits coming from other states we can use the extra spots to scoop up our normal 9 or so in-state boys and the elite out of towners. We may get a few in state boys who turn their grades around, etc. This is supposed to be an above average LA class and we could use the room. I think that it is above average and the reason we have not scooped up more local boys is because our national title has allowed us to get even better recruits out of state than we normally land. I also enjoy watching us doing well in the graded recruiting class even though if we retained our veterans we may be just as well off.

1 person likes this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm more disappointed that Allen wasn't able to break into the rotation because I thought he was going to be a good one. That oline class in 2006 is turning out to be a major disappointment. Loadholt never made it here because of grades or something and ended up at OU. Singleton, Thomas and now Allen are all gone.

From that class we also lost Deas & Teague with grades, Odom & Giddens kicked off, Lott transfered and Snyder due to injury.

Disappointing.

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Miles seems to have really started focusing more on academics/character since his '05 & '06 classes, but none the less that '06 class was about average for players not qualifying & quitting/transferring.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Due to NCAA rules, Miles has no choice but to focus more on academics. The NCAA is really getting strict. He will also not hold on to a lot of scholarships indefinately in hopes some big name prospect will commit. He has been burnt doing that.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Anyone beside McKnight? When L. Davis switched to Bama, didn't we pick up Charles Deas real quick? Course that didn't work out, never saw Deas due to grades. But maybe it work out better to not let a kid string you along. Commit now if you want to come, or we'll give the scholly to someone who isn't so wishy washy.