Another Scholarship Opening

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUTiga, May 5, 2008.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I think it was Sidell Corley we picked up...

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Who are you referring to?

McKnight? The RB that signed with Florida St last year?

I can't think of a single instance where it substantially impacted our class/team.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Could be losing another one, Corbin, dont know the details but could be done at LSU and taking a medical hardship. Hope it's not and wish him the best if that is the case.

If true I think that would make the attrition number at 5 with Allen, Corbin, RP, Holmes, and Lott.

Actual schollies available would be at 20.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

We still need many more to leave before we can get to 20-23. Only 13 are graduating.

5. bhelmLSU

Well we are at 20 so we are close already. Have a long way to go and you can proabaly add one that will possible take a grey shirt and not count toward this class.

20-23 is a pretty solid estimate at this early in the process. Remember last summer. Also Sonny's estimate is 20-22.

6. philter

philter Founding Member

We are not at 20.

We needed 3 to leave to get to the 85 man limit just for the last class to "fit". RP, Holmes, and Allen are those three...that put us at 85 if all the signees last year qualify.

Then we have 13 graduating, so if we are to take 23 we will need an additional 10 players to leave before now and when they enroll next year. We know 1 won't make it from last year, so that puts us at 9 more.

With Corbin now looking like he will be gone, and Decker who is not on the roster any longer, it looks like we will need 7 more from this day forward before we can take 23. 21 was my estimate before the year started, I'm not trying to disprove anyone...just showing where we actually are in the process vs. where people think we are.

Will 7 leave early? Surely more will bail out during the year as they discover they won't play...it's do-able, but it aint 'done' yet.

7. bhelmLSU

That is why I estimated 20-23. No one knows exactly where we are. Just relaying the word that 20 is where some think we are with news from possible no qualifiers and future attrition. Also there is some info regarding who is actually holding scholarships currently on the team including kickers and others.

I agree it is do-able and pointing out there are others and there is plenty of time until NSD.

8. LSROU

LSROU Freshman

i think we oversigned by 7 last year, so if this trends continue we will be at 20. long way to go until august 2009.

9. LSROU

LSROU Freshman

i think we oversigned by 7 last year, so if this trends continue we will be at 20. long way to go until august 2009.

1 person likes this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

When do walk-ons typically get schollie offers (if they are to get one) at LSU? Is it any particular time of year?

1 person likes this.