Another Shocking Guilbeau thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I used to never really agree with anything he said but he seems to be on the spot lately based on what I hear from those close to the program and thinking realistically. Maybe it seems that way because the fan craze has been pretty rampant the last coupe of years, IDK. Or maybe now that he has gone more main stream he is taking a slightly different approach.

Still don't agree with everything but this is a pretty good chat recap:

Talks about JJ and Lee and actually says Shepard should be the next option which I am not sure about. Mentions that this would be Lee's 5th chance and he is throwing picks in practice left and right.

Talks about the overrated WRs and drops. Says RR is solid and Shep will improve but TT is just not there. I really agree with this. Not only is TT not catching all the passes he should he is also failing to make plays on the ball and using the body he was blessed with. You can't et the ball come to you every time.

Talks about the improvement of the OL pass blocking and how JJ is not under the same kind of pressure he was under last season.

Ask Glenn Guilbeau your LSU football questions | shreveporttimes.com | Shreveport Times

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

If the fanbase needs guys like Glenn and rival fans to be the voice of reason, they have jumped the shark.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If accurate, and I have no reason to doubt that it isn't, that would explain JL's limited playing time in my mind.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well, is Lee playing against Claiborne, Peterson, and Mathieu in practice, and the rest of that deep secondary we have?

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:bncry: :cry:

6. bhelmLSU

In goes into depth and also says Lee could come in if JJ has a horrible outing in the 1st half and on our way to a loss if nothing changes, etc...

7. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Hate to say it but I agree with almost everything he says. However, I do think playing Lee would take some pressure off of Jefferson.

Do the Hodson/Guidry thing with Jefferson playing mostly and Lee spelling him for two drives a half or something. I would only put Lee in when they had good field position.

2 people like this.
  8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Hard to take anyone seriously when they are talking about Shepard at QB.

The QB position is the symptom of the problem but not the problem itself. All these people looking for quick fixes are in for a rude awakening.

1 person likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree. How they play in practice and how they play in games are not always the same. Got to play them to find out.

10. bhelmLSU

Only quick fixes I see are catching the ball and throwing it downfield more. Even then it is not a quick fix and Glenn never mentioned a quick fix. All we need is a little more production to balance the offense and to continue our winning ways against the top SEC teams.