Another Shocking Guilbeau thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 27, 2010.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

Indeed! I read about half of that and if anybody sees any intelligent insight in that you're better than me.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't mind seeing if he has improved but it worries me given that Lee is usually great in practice minus this year and bad in games. Maybe he just completely flipped it and turned himself into the next Rohan. :lol:

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

It appears that JJ is all we have.

JL is on the bench for a reason

JJ needs to figure out what ever it was that he was doing last season when he passed for over 2100 yards and 17 touchdowns on only 7 picks, and bring that back. With those types of numbers, this running game & defense/st we are a solid candidate

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Why don't they simplify the passing game, with more screens, quick slants, and crossing routes? Build JJ's confidence. Also, I can't for the life of me figure out why we don't have a check down guy hovering around the line of scrimmage, chipping and then ready for our qb to just dump it if he isn't confident he can complete it down the field.

I saw alot of crappy things Jordan did, but locking onto receivers, holding onto the ball, and running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage for a loss instead of throwing the ball away is just unforgivable.

5. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The QB talk is a quick fix, although I have always said Jefferson is NOT a SEC QB this is not all his fault. People are trying to treat the symptom instead of the problem. He did not mention quick fix but that is what he is trying to do.

Plugging QBs into the leak is not going to solve or even slow this problem down. IMHO Lee gives you the best chance of success without Crowton, with Crowton, you might as well limp along like you are now.

There is no quick fix which is what all this talk is, Crowton destroyed this offense over a course of years it will take years to rebuild.

To me there are three real choices.
    1.) Demote Crowton, see how the G-man does calling plays till the end of the year, let him make the call about the QB. If you don't like the results, you could still keep him on as WR coach at the end of the year.

2.) Keep limping along as is, can Crowton at the end of the year. If there are too many loses Les could be done as well.

3.) Try a quick fix with Lee with Crowton ruining his confidence again. Lee is the only true QB on the roster and most probably will be for next year as well.

To me #1 is the best choice even though it might cost a few extra games short-term. It's way past time to cut the cord.

I have been accused of being harsh on Jefferson in the past, I don't believe that, i believe I have been honest about him. With that said, he does not deserve all of this. I don't like it, he has done the best that he can. The problem is people have tried to make him something he is not.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We do a ton of that already and we have been either not getting enough yards or dropping the short passes. Defenses are compacting closer to the line and the way to relieve some of that pressure on both the running and short passing game is to open it up more with more longer passing routes. Even if we do not complete most of them it will put the long ball in the defense's mind. We saw Crowton call 2 or 3 deeper routes in the 3rd or 4th this week and after that our running game opened back up a litte after faltering for a series or two.

7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

He almost got Stevn Rid killed on a check down route saturday.

Maybe the coaches dont want to risk injury to Shep or Rid on a BS screen pass they end up a loss

Again, I have no idea whats going on when we have the football, I am just hoping to be pleasantly surprised I see a pretty pocket, a pretty pass, a pretty catch, and a pretty run after for the TD

WE NEED ONE SO BAD FOR THE CONFIDENCE OF THIS TEAM!!!

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That wasn't a checkdown. Ridley split wide left and he threw the ball to him immediately. I'm talking about checking down to a Tight end coming off of blocking, or a tailback that was left in to block. If nothing is open down field, JJ will hold onto the ball until something does open up or he gets sacked.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

#1 is the best option, #2 is the most likely.

10. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I kind of agree, except I have said Les is setting Lee up to be thrown to the Lions. Les will ride the ponies till they collapse from exhaustion. I am not sure Crowton or Jefferson have been ridden to their grave yet.

"Go gett'em son, you wanted the chance, now you have it, we are only down by 14 points to Alabama!" -Les to Lee, after benching Jefferson

To be honest, I really feel bad for Lee out of all of this, but that is life. I am proud of him whether he is throwing pick 6s or not. I really hope this does not turn out the way it might appear.

Lee is the only QB the tigers have, whether he is throwing INTs or not, he is the only QB.