Another Shocking Guilbeau thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

There is no quick fix if you don't have the right replacement parts. Whether you think JJ or Crowton is broken, we don't have a QB waiting in the wings nor do we have another OC sitting on the shelf.

One of you stated in another thread several times, and it's a great point, "We Don't Have A QB." I agree totally and I don't think JL is the answer. If he was a better choice, Miles would be playing him. As with everything, past performance is an indicator of future behavior....and we've already seen JL's past.

Honestly, if JJ went down, I would probably rather see RS in the game in a wildcat package, running the option, rolling out, etc.

Crowtons main issue is that instead of developing an offense around the strengths of his QB and skill players, he is trying to make his QB fit his system.....Seems a little backwards to me.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Its same issues Jeff Fisher faced when dealing with Vince Young, he is still dealing with them today.

I couldnt agree more, either GC builds an offensive scheme around JJ, or we will see saturday nights performances replayed in every game remaining on the schedule.

But Please let this be GC's last season!!!!

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Trolyce
    You don't need Mallet and you don't need stupid Miami Dolphins offense. You need a guy that can run the offense and get the ball off, GET FIRST DOWNS.

RS in the backfield now only is it admitting defeat, it's throwing the towel in. Not only that you will start losing recruits. IMHO You have to pass to win, eventually you need someone to get back there and throw the ball on time and hit the receiver in stride. Putting RS back there does not to solve the problem.

You think it's bad now, just put RS back there every play and see how it works out. Might work for a play or two, then you are going to wish you never thought of the gimmick.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only at one position. If you deny it, you are being foolish.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think you are picturing it way different from what Shep would do. Fans want him to come in and get positive yards running the wildcat rather than let JJ on designed running plays. Shep is not going to be a passing QB unless it is a gimmick play from time to time.

We can't throw away games just throwing Lee into the fire either. Ease him in if we decide to go that route and pray that he turned from a great practice QB from last year to a decent game day QB this year. We have not seen that yet but worth a shot.

New Coordinator would throw games away as well. Maybe a game plan set by Miles followed strictly but that is basically your only option during the season if you want to keep winning.

Realistically, the offense coming together depends on Crowton's play calling and JJ executing and the team helping him execute by catching the ball, protection by the oline, and a strong running game.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree about Crowton but the rest assumes Lee is at least as good as JJ which, I'm afraid, he's not.

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Not being foolish at all. You have to play as a team. You need a QB that can get the ball out on time, you don't need Mallet.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Not realistic at all, chances are it's not going to happen. 8-10 wins, of course one loss with sub 300 yards and potential for mutiny is there.

New play caller could cost you a short-term loss, there are no guarantees. Either way you are going to have to right the ship, either start now or in 4 months.

9. red55

We do not have such a quarterback.

10. red55

Who knows?