Another War....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Mar 19, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Red, is targeting Gadhafi in a bombing raid to kill him an option?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That is beyond the UN mandate and Moamar is likely in a deep bunker or in a tent way out on the desert disguised as a bedouin. The building hit was Qadaffi's main communications center and it is doctrine to hit all the central communications facilities early in establishing air supremacy.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I hope you're right, because recent history suggests you can't really win unless you put troops on the ground. And I just don't see BHO doing that.

btw, I hope he doesn't. I just don't see the need to put American lives at risk in Libya. Red's solution is right; we supply the air support. Let the nations that really have a dog in this fight supply the ground pounders.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Limeys and the Cheese-eating Surrender Monkeys are driving this show. We must let them. I'm not quite sure why the Fourth Reich is siting this one out. Those boys have lost their swagger but really didn't accomplish chit in Bosnia or Afghanistan anyway.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

RED, I just read your 8 points three times and I wish I could find something to disagree with; but I can't. I think your spot on and it was well written.

I have no problem with shoving a few cruise misiles up Qadaffi's ass, and the stealth is to good not to use; but I really really don't want any more involvement. There is not a lot of upside in this for us and the potential of a lot of downside.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So why do we have to fire off a half trillion dollars worth of firepower at our expense? Why don't the Euros and Arabs pay for our power?

And why do Obama's people say that removing Qaddafi is not on the table? If that crackpot stays in power this was all for naught.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The only thing this bombing will do is entice more hatred for the West.

But don't worry we are safer for it. ugh.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Why was the united states needed? The French have aircraft carriers. They even have one that flies traditional fighters. The Brits have smaller vstol carriers. Libya is on the mediterranean coast and easly reachable from European bases. Why can't the eu handle little Libya. We launched 150 missles at 600000$ each. Has our NATO allies become so weak that they can't handle Libya ?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Nah, it's Reagan's. Should have killed the bastard in 86.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I hate to break this to you but they can't hate us any more than they already do.

Try $1.5MM each.