Another War....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Mar 19, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hillary is/was an ugly woman with cankles. That's my only beef with her. Right now I'd vote for her twice if she was running against your half white guy.

And Obama's senate liberality is a fact:

Fact Check: Is Obama the most liberal U.S. senator? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

2. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I'm not arguing that the neo-cons have hijacked the Republican party. They are clearly calling the shots now, unfortunately. The neo-cons were originally liberals...that's where they came from.

That is also why I think no one should be suprised when "liberals" are so ready to use the US military in any way they see fit. The neo-cons are "reformed liberals" that wanted to use the US military for their own ends. Obama has just moved to the logically necessary positon. There is no "anti-war" candidate that will be allowed in the White House. No way.

Anyway, about he neo-cons:

Also:
    In case someone missed the Trotsky reference:

Leon Trotsky[2] (Russian pronunciation: [ˈlʲef ˈtrot͡skʲɪj] ( listen); 7 November 1879[3] – 21 August 1940), born Lev Davidovich Bronshtein,[2] was a Bolshevik revolutionary and Marxist theorist.

Anyway, there is no stopping the neo-con train now.....

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Neo Cons are not subject to one party or another. The Republicans and Democrats have no differences anymore. They all run the welfare state, spend, borrow, like war. etc. etc.

4. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I would agree with this completely....they got the liberals to become militaristic and the conservatives to increase the size of the welfare state. There really is no difference anymore.....

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's because he is a moderate. You guys are neo cons, which is why you can't see it. What's liberal about tax cuts for the rich? What's liberal about bailouts for corporations? What's liberal about having a lower tax rate than Reagan? What's liberal about a healthcare plan that is going to end up making insurance companies more money than they currently make?

No end to tax cuts for the wealthiest 1%, no single payer system, no liberal, no sh!t.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then prove it.

He's doing exactly what his generals have advised, he's doing exactly what needs to be done for foreign policy, he's doing exactly what needs to be done for domestic politics where 70% of citizens don't want any further involvement where we have no vital national interests.

What do you want him to do, Einstein? Be specific. Don't cop out either. Either defend your position or STFU.

No one is listening to you about Obama anymore, chief. You have exhausted your credibility.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I'd say he's doing EXACTLY everything wrong and just like Bush. More of the same. Next.

9. SabanFan

You didn't even know what a neo con was until this thread.

10. SabanFan

I'm giving you my opinion, not etching it in stone for future generations to ponder and debate.

You form an opinion and then spout it out as fact. I'm telling you that Obama's "people" are instructed not to say anything that might alarm his pals on the left. That's my opinion based upon Obama's history of appeasement and the fact that he's in way over his head.

Speak for yourself and your parakeet, LaSalle, Lefty.