Anti-Vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Do you believe Parents should legally have to immunize/vaccinate their children?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think as long as the American medical association which should be free of any government interference or influence says that this vaccine or that vaccine should be administered then yes, parents should have to vaccinate their children.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Kids and animals. Don't have them unless you are willing to vaccinate them...and clean up their shit.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Goodness, yes, we should vaccinate. Another thing to consider is all of us adults running around who probably don't get booster shots that often. We've been generally protected; however, if people are opting out of vaccinating their children more and more, the herd immunity is going to go away. What's next? Polio and iron lungs again?

And the thing is that many of these "conscientious" parents who are anti-vaxxers got their information from Jenny McCarthy because of her claiming that he son is autistic because of vaccinations.

Is there a sharp increase in diagnosed cases of Autism? Yes...because it's actually diagnosed now. At one time it wasn't. For instance, I'm pretty certain that my father-in-law has Asperger's Syndrome, but they didn't know what that was in the 1940's (back then, it was just a kid that was so weird the other kids beat him up.)

uscvball likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

As soon as they start with illegal immigrants sure, make it law.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Vaccinations should be mandatory EXCEPT for those people with legitimate medical concerns. They should have the right to take it to a judge to decide. Certain people can be paralyzed or killed by vaccinations in rare instances. We don't want to rigidly force it upon them. But people with religious or tree-hugger objections . . . tough shit, vaccinations are mandatory.

uscvball, Bengal B and StaceyO like this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well in CA, public schools allow for exemptions based on religious reasons but it is being completely exploited as I posted in the other thread. The state requires me to educate my child but then allows other parents to put my child at risk. It's bullshit.

And let's keep in mind that ground zero in this latest outbreak is Disneyland.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I feel you, really I do. And yet CA has had illegals for a long time and no measles outbreak. This latest one is fomenting due to the now debunked study linking vaccines and autism.....fuck you Jenny McCarthy. At least some immigrants are willing to take their kids to clinics and ER's to get "free" vaccines if and when they can. It's the new age wealthy white lib that is causing the current problem. Someone needs to let Ben Carson know about that.

StaceyO likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

If everyone had as much common sense we wouldn't be having this discussion. The problem isn't with regular folks who make good common sense decisions on a daily basis, it's the nut bags out there who are endangering society. I also would not wish to see law regulating such action but at what point do we owe it to those kids to protect them from their parents ignorance? I would be interested to know the number of parents who have refused immunization for their kids who were themselves vaccinated when they were kids.

9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This is the law exactly in the state of Mississippi and I agree it could be a model for the rest of the country. If my understanding of the law is correct, it is written so that children don't necessarily have to be immunized but they cannot gain entry into kindergarten without having them

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

According to this....
    http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx
    Mississippi does not allow for either a religious or philosophical objection.
    Louisiana, like CA, allows for both .

E. No person seeking to enter any school or facility enumerated in Subsection A of this Section shall be required to comply with the provisions of this Section if the student or his parent or guardian submits either a written statement from a physician stating that the procedure is contraindicated for medical reasons, or a written dissent from the student or his parent or guardian is presented.
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=79952

But again, all this gets blown out of the water when kids go to places kids go that don't involve just public education.