Anti-Vaxxers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tiger in NC, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Do you believe Parents should legally have to immunize/vaccinate their children?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The problem is that you not wearing your seat belt doesn't put others at risk. When you don't vaccinate your kids (of course I mean "you" as a general person, not you specifically), you put others at risk who legitimately cannot get a vaccine because of other health issues. I understand your position but disagree with it because of the effect on others. It should at a very minimum be mandatory in schools unless you have a medical exemption.

As for those who don't vaccinate, it's very hard for me to bite my tongue when I hear someone on facebook or in person talk about how they don't vaccinate because of the risks. It's actually hard for me not to slap them and call them an idiot. I have to walk away.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Are you actually saying that you advocate for the right to be dangerously foolish? I doubt it. If you wear one anyway, why would you object to a law that has saved tens of thousands of lives? Like you say, it would be dumb not to wear it. There are plenty of dumbasses out there who don't wear them or make their kids wear them. Laws like this are to protect dumbasses from themselves for the good of society.

StaceyO likes this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So when do we round up all the illegals?

I mean, to be responsible and all.

4. red55

Do it tomorrow, for all I care. But they will just return unless we defend our borders like most countries do. The smart thing is to deport all of the illegals without jobs, housing, or any good reason for being here. The ones that assimilated, bought houses, speak English, own businesses, pay taxes and keep their kids out of jail . . . make them pay a fine and give them a green card.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the government exists to protect us from each other. it doesnt exist to protect us from ourselves. theres a huge problem when they begin doing so.

if thats the case, they should tell me exactly what to eat, tell me when i have to sleep force vitamin supplements down my throat. i know they're trying but when that line becomes blurred and people start thinking its ok, thats a serious problem.

forcing someone to wear a seatbelt is just another form of control and revenue. but its also a loss of liberty for us. one of many that gradually becomes the norm. and its a terrible fucking thing.

protecting children otoh, is a completely different story. protect those who cant protect themselves. if i want to stand on my motorcycle without a helmet (stupid law) and drive off a cliff, thats my choice.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree. our borders have been open to people who wanted to come here AND assimilate. since the 60's this coming to set up shop for health care and benefits and to not become part of the american culture is the real problem that needs to be addressed.

by securing the borders.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To start, quit offering any services in Spanish. If you can't speak English you shouldn't be able to get a drivers license, food stamps, health care or any other service. Don't even print the forms in any language other than English. As for schools, unless you're taking a foreign language class only English should be spoken or written.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's amazing how many "English as a second language" students we have at our school who were BORN in the US. How in the world can you not pick up English? If I lived in Mexico, I would certainly have picked up Spanish. For that matter, I can't really speak Spanish (yet), but I certainly hear enough of it at school to understand a good bit of it now.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

10. red55

Don't go overboard. They're coming here and driving anyway. Cars, big rigs, farm trucks, tradesman vans, etc. We want them to get a license! Make sure they know the traffic rules, have 20/20 vision, and have liability insurance! This is our best interests, not theirs.

I tend to agree with you about government forms, public maps, public signs and such. Learn friggin' English. And most of them that stay do learn it.

Schools . . . they have to have some Spanish-language classes for kids who only know Spanish. But the curriculum should be geared to having them speak English within a couple of years and moving on in English.

Winston1 likes this.